AskDocDoc
/
/
/
Pregnancy related comcern and wanted to be sure
FREE!Ask Doctors — 24/7
Connect with Doctors 24/7. Ask anything, get expert help today.
500 doctors ONLINE
#1 Medical Platform
Ask question for free
00H : 26M : 13S
background image
Click Here
background image
Gynecology & Pregnancy Care
Question #12836
358 days ago
659

Pregnancy related comcern and wanted to be sure

Simran

I had sexual intercourse yesterday and I had my periods on 7th October. The intimation yesterday did not had any penetration but we were naked and he had rubbed the penis over my body except vagina so should I take an I pill or get worried about pregnancy. He used condom as well

$7.5
Question is closed
FREE! Ask a Doctor — 24/7,
100% Anonymously
Get expert answers anytime, completely confidential.
No sign-up needed.
CTA image asteriksCTA image

Doctors' responses

Hello Simran See after evaluation through your circumstances , there are no chances of pregnancy since there is no ejaculation of sperms into the vagina So there is no need to take any pill So please do not worry as there is no contact between penis and vagina and he has used protection too .

However on the safe side please get pregnancy strip test beta blood hcg done for confirmation after 5-7 days or urine pregnancy test .

Thank you

1361 answered questions
45% best answers
Accepted response

0 replies

Since there was no penetration and no ejaculation inside or near the vagina, the risk of pregnancy is extremely low to almost zero. However, if there was direct genital contact with possible semen near the vaginal opening, then a small chance of pregnancy cannot be ruled out completely.

Your period was on 7th October, and assuming today is 13th October, you are on day 6 of your cycle, which is before ovulation (fertile window usually starts around day 10–14). So, biologically, the risk of pregnancy is very low right now. Used condom then there is no risk .

2117 answered questions
59% best answers

3 replies
Simran
Client
358 days ago

Today is 16th October and when I got intimated it was 8th day and we both were naked but there was no direct penetration though his penis was rubbed on my body but not inserted

If you have doubt you can do UPG at home.

2117 answered questions
59% best answers

Hello,

No chance for pregnancy.

To make sure , you can do a home pregnancy kit 14 days after intercourse.

Thank you

1986 answered questions
57% best answers

4 replies
Simran
Client
358 days ago

But we both were naked so is there any chance that semen would have entered. When pre ejaculation was there he was wearing condom

You are safe. If you’re anxious, you could take a pregnancy test after 21 days.

I-pill is not recommended unless there’s real pregnancy risk. It can disturb your hormonal cycle, cause side effects, and delay your next period unnecessarily.

Also I pill is not effective after 72 hours.

1986 answered questions
57% best answers
Simran
Client
357 days ago

As I was concerned so today morning I took the I pill so do I need to worry about anything now

Nothing to worry about. But my advice ; “Next time,Please don’t take pills unnecessarily because it will cause hormonal imbalances.”

1986 answered questions
57% best answers

Hello dear See after thorough evaluation,there are no chances of pregnancy since there is no ejaculation of sperms into the vagina So there is no need to take any pill Also protection was used so even 1 percent chances are also nullified So please donot worry even as per my clinical experience, There is no need of pregnancy strip test Regards

3585 answered questions
70% best answers

0 replies

Hello Simran, I understand your worry. But you can be assured that there is no chance of pregnancy according to what you have explained. For pregnancy to occur, penetration of the penis into vagina is necessary, plus ejaculation into the vagina is necessary, in your case both did not occur, plus he was wearing a condom. So you can be relaxed that you will not get pregnant.

Still, if you have doubts, do a Urine Pregnancy Test on 7th November.

Feel free to reach out again.

Regards, Dr. Nirav Jain MBBS, DNB D.Fam.Med

1117 answered questions
44% best answers

0 replies

Hello, Your condition don’t need any treatment or tests. There was no penetration and condom is also used, so there is no chance of pregnancy.

Take care

178 answered questions
37% best answers

0 replies

Based on the scenario you described, the likelihood of pregnancy is exceedingly low. Since there was no penetration and a condom was used, sperm would have had a very unfavorable path to result in a pregnancy. Additionally, consider that you were still in the early phase of your menstrual cycle, right after your period, which is typically outside of the fertile window for most women. This adds an extra layer of protection against pregnancy. Emergency contraception, like the i-pill, is usually recommended when there’s a significant risk of pregnancy due to unprotected intercourse or contraceptive failure. In your case, given the lack of penetration and the use of a condom, taking an i-pill seems unnecessary. However, it is important to be aware that the i-pill is most effective when taken within 72 hours post-intercourse, if you ever need to use it in a higher-risk situation. But keep in mind, it’s not intended for routine use due to potential side effects like menstrual irregularities. If you’re still feeling concerned or if there are additional factors you didn’t mention that might increase pregnancy risk, consider consulting a healthcare provider for personalized advice. This will ensure you’re making the prudent choice given your specific circumstances. Don’t hesitate to reach out to a professional any time you have questions regarding sexual health or contraception for the most appropriate and context-specific recommendations.

21816 answered questions
91% best answers

0 replies

Hello Simran On the basis of your given scenario Assessment: - Very low risk of pregnancy (no penetration + condom used + non-fertile phase of cycle) - No need for emergency contraception (I-pill)

Plan / Advice: 1. No need for I-pill as the risk of conception is negligible.

2. If period is delayed by >7 days → do urine pregnancy test (UPT) for reassurance.
3.	Continue using condoms correctly for protection and safety.
6.	Avoid unnecessary hormonal pills as they can disturb menstrual cycle.
13 answered questions
23% best answers

2 replies
Simran
Client
355 days ago

See in the early phase condom was not used but when I gave him a blowjob then he used condom but there was no penetration at all

No need to worry about it. My advice is still the same No need for I-pill as the risk of conception is negligible.

13 answered questions
23% best answers

Based on what you described — no vaginal penetration, only genital rubbing over clothes or skin, and a condom was used — the risk of pregnancy is extremely low to negligible. You do not need an emergency contraceptive (I-pill) in this situation. Continue to monitor your cycle as usual, and consult a gynecologist if you notice any unusual symptoms or missed periods.

1265 answered questions
48% best answers

2 replies
Simran
Client
352 days ago

Since I had taken an I pill on Friday morning I am feeling vomiting although I have not vomited yet. Should I take any other medicine or is it a side effect of I pill

Simran
Client
350 days ago

I took the I pill on 17th Oct and today I am having bleeding do I need to worry about anything as my periods are due in 7th Nov and this is very early

FREE! Ask a Doctor — 24/7,
100% Anonymously

Get expert answers anytime, completely confidential. No sign-up needed.

About our doctors

Only qualified doctors who have confirmed the availability of medical education and other certificates of medical practice consult on our service. You can check the qualification confirmation in the doctor's profile.


Vaginal skin peeling with cuts,itchy skin and burning and have smell
Is my hymen broken after high bidet pressure?
Advice on Stopping Bleeding While Away from Home
Concern About Delayed Period After Taking I-Pill
What to do if my period is delayed and flow is irregular with stomach pain?
What is causing my lower abdominal pain and irregular bleeding after unprotected sex?
I want to postpone my periods which is supposed to come next week.what medicine should I take?
Pregnancy related concern and wanted to be sure
Is everything normal with my 13-week pregnancy measurements like NT, NB, FHR, and CRL?
Period hasnotyet come what should
What to do for severe menstrual pain with nausea and dizziness?
Why my period is delayed for this july month
Concerns About Irregular Periods and Painful White Spots on Nipples
Delay in getting periods from past few months
Is am pregnant ? Please help me
What to do for severe chest pain and brown vomiting with blood clots after giving birth?
What to do if I missed my period after sex and feel very tired at 19?
Can I have surgery while on estradiol for gender transition, or do I need to stop taking it due to blood clot risks?
Concern About Delayed Period and Negative Pregnancy Tests
Is it possible to have a miscarriage if fetal heart rate dropped from 106 to 59 after bleeding at 6 weeks pregnant?
Can I be pregnant with PCOS....................
পিরিয়ড ২ মাস ১৫ দিন বেশি সময় ধরে নেই, পরামর্শ চাই
Concerns About Vaginal Discharge and Discomfort
How to terminate Unwanted pregnancy
Help with Prolonged Menstrual Bleeding
What should I do after a positive pregnancy test and taking emergency contraception without an ultrasound?
Abortion in 11 weeks -18weeks.....
Doubt about periods and pergancy
How to delay my period for a trip on June 3rd?
What to do if I missed my period and found tissue after unprotected sex?