AskDocDoc
/
/
/
pimples on forehead during pregnancy
FREE!Ask Doctors — 24/7
Connect with Doctors 24/7. Ask anything, get expert help today.
500 doctors ONLINE
#1 Medical Platform
Ask question for free
00H : 27M : 43S
background image
Click Here
background image
Gynecology & Pregnancy Care
Question #13591
349 days ago
494

pimples on forehead during pregnancy

Zoya

I am really worried because I've been noticing these annoying pimples on my forehead during pregnancy. It started a couple of weeks ago, but now it feels like it’s getting worse. I’m in my second trimester and thought that the whole “glow” thing was supposed to happen, right? Instead, I'm dealing with these bumps and it's kinda frustraiting. I read somewhere that hormonal changes could be the reason for these pimples on forehead during pregnancy, but I just wanna know if that’s true. Like, should I be doing something specific to get rid of them? I’ve tried washing my face more often and even switched my face products, but nothing seems to help. Do you guys think that applying certain creams could make it worse? I also heard that some remedies might be harmful during pregnancy. Are there any safe natural treatments for pimples on forehead during pregnancy that actually work? I know it can be a common issue, but I feel self-conscious about it and just want to feel like myself again. Any advice would be super helpful right now!

FREE
Question is closed
FREE! Ask a Doctor — 24/7,
100% Anonymously
Get expert answers anytime, completely confidential.
No sign-up needed.
CTA image asteriksCTA image

Doctors' responses

If there is associated itching, better to get a liver function test done. If normal this is indeed due to the hormonal changes of pregnancy and would regress with time. Wash your face regularly with mild soap that should be enough.

10 answered questions
80% best answers
Accepted response

0 replies

Hormonal changes during pregnancy, especially fluctuations in androgens, can indeed lead to increased oil production, resulting in pimples, particularly on areas like the forehead. This is a pretty common experience for many pregnant individuals. Your efforts in switching face products and washing your face more often is a reasonable step, but it’s important to select non-comedogenic, gentle cleansers that don’t strip too much of your skin’s natural oils which may worsen breakouts. Be cautious with over-the-counter acne creams as some ingredients, like retinoids and salicylic acid in high concentrations, are not recommended during pregnancy. It’s understandable to be concerned about ingredients that could be harmful during pregnancy. As for safe treatments, consider using products containing azelaic acid, a gentler option that can reduce redness and bumps. It’s also antibacterial, which can help combat the bacteria associated with acne. Applying sulfur-based products or topical lactic acid could also be safe alternatives, but always patch-test new products to check for irritation first. For natural remedies, incorporating mild, homemade masks with honey or oats can soothe the skin due to their anti-inflammatory properties. Ensure you’re staying hydrated and maintaining a balanced diet, as these can affect the skin’s health too. If you’re more comfortable following natural remedies, based on the severity of the acne, visiting a dermatologist is worthwhile; they can suggest pregnancy-safe medications if needed. Remember to have open discussions with your healthcare provider before trying new treatments—they can give personalized advice and reassure you’re on the right track.

21816 answered questions
91% best answers
Accepted response

0 replies
FREE! Ask a Doctor — 24/7,
100% Anonymously

Get expert answers anytime, completely confidential. No sign-up needed.

About our doctors

Only qualified doctors who have confirmed the availability of medical education and other certificates of medical practice consult on our service. You can check the qualification confirmation in the doctor's profile.


Vaginal skin peeling with cuts,itchy skin and burning and have smell
Is my hymen broken after high bidet pressure?
Advice on Stopping Bleeding While Away from Home
Concern About Delayed Period After Taking I-Pill
What to do if my period is delayed and flow is irregular with stomach pain?
What is causing my lower abdominal pain and irregular bleeding after unprotected sex?
I want to postpone my periods which is supposed to come next week.what medicine should I take?
Pregnancy related concern and wanted to be sure
Is everything normal with my 13-week pregnancy measurements like NT, NB, FHR, and CRL?
Period hasnotyet come what should
What to do for severe menstrual pain with nausea and dizziness?
Why my period is delayed for this july month
Concerns About Irregular Periods and Painful White Spots on Nipples
Delay in getting periods from past few months
Is am pregnant ? Please help me
What to do for severe chest pain and brown vomiting with blood clots after giving birth?
What to do if I missed my period after sex and feel very tired at 19?
Can I have surgery while on estradiol for gender transition, or do I need to stop taking it due to blood clot risks?
Concern About Delayed Period and Negative Pregnancy Tests
Is it possible to have a miscarriage if fetal heart rate dropped from 106 to 59 after bleeding at 6 weeks pregnant?
Can I be pregnant with PCOS....................
পিরিয়ড ২ মাস ১৫ দিন বেশি সময় ধরে নেই, পরামর্শ চাই
Concerns About Vaginal Discharge and Discomfort
How to terminate Unwanted pregnancy
Help with Prolonged Menstrual Bleeding
What should I do after a positive pregnancy test and taking emergency contraception without an ultrasound?
Abortion in 11 weeks -18weeks.....
Doubt about periods and pergancy
How to delay my period for a trip on June 3rd?
What to do if I missed my period and found tissue after unprotected sex?