AskDocDoc
/
/
/
homemade collagen drink
FREE!Ask Doctors — 24/7
Connect with Doctors 24/7. Ask anything, get expert help today.
500 doctors ONLINE
#1 Medical Platform
Ask question for free
00H : 15M : 14S
background image
Click Here
background image
General Health
Question #19321
286 days ago
446

homemade collagen drink

Kian

I am feeling a bit lost and could really use some insights on this homemade collagen drink thing. A couple of months ago, I started having some joint pains and my skin feels kinda saggy. I read about a homemade collagen drink that might help with skin elasticity and maybe even my joints? I tried making one with bone broth, some fruits, and a touch of honey, but honestly, I’m not sure if it’s doing anything. Like, how much of this homemade collagen drink do I need to consume to see any differences? I usually drink it every morning, but it’s hard to tell if it’s working or if I’m just being hopeful. I mean, do you really think a homemade collagen drink can help with joint pain? And I’ve also heard about adding vitamin C, is that super important for making the collagen work better? I just want to make sure I’m doing this right, you know? If you’ve tried your own homemade collagen drink or have any tips, I’d love to hear what’s worked for you!

FREE
Question is closed
FREE! Ask a Doctor — 24/7,
100% Anonymously
Get expert answers anytime, completely confidential.
No sign-up needed.
CTA image asteriksCTA image

Doctors' responses

While there’s a lot of discussion about collagen supplements, the research isn’t definitive especially concerning homemade mixes like the one you’re using. Collagen is known to support skin elasticity and joint health, but getting it from a homemade drink is a bit uncertain due to its digestibility and absorption. Bone broth can contain collagen, but the amount is variable; it might not be enough to make a significant change, and its effects on skin and joints aren’t clinically proven. A standard recommendation for taking collagen supplements often revolves around hydrolyzed collagen, which tends to be more readily absorbed by the body—you might want to consider commercially available supplements if you don’t see results with the homemade approach. When it comes to how much to consume, there’s no robust scientific consensus for homemade drinks, but for supplements, studies often use doses around 2.5 to 15 grams per day. Adding vitamin C could potentially aid collagen synthesis, as it’s a known co-factor in the process, so including some vitamin-C-rich fruits could be beneficial. Exploring other lifestyle factors might also help: ensuring a balanced diet, regular exercise, and staying hydrated are fundamental. If joint pain persists or worsens, it’s important to consult a healthcare professional for a thorough evaluation rather than relying solely on dietary changes as joint problems can be a sign of underlying conditions that might need specific attention.

21776 answered questions
91% best answers
Accepted response

0 replies
FREE! Ask a Doctor — 24/7,
100% Anonymously

Get expert answers anytime, completely confidential. No sign-up needed.

About our doctors

Only qualified doctors who have confirmed the availability of medical education and other certificates of medical practice consult on our service. You can check the qualification confirmation in the doctor's profile.


Dog vaccine related issues regarding symptoms
What to do for neck pain that radiates to the right arm and causes dizziness and nausea?
My stomache hurts very bad. Sometimes I feel pukish and unable to eat
Constipation , sickness, back pain
How do I know if I have diabetes at age 75 with an A1c of 5.8%?
Painful hunger panés, what couleur be causing thème ? Thanks
What could be causing left side chest pain in a 25-year-old male runner on mephenatermin sulfate for 7 months?
Comment réduire les sensations dans mon sex
Comment savoir si c'est de la dysautonomie ?
Post menopausal spotting after 12 months of last period.
Is it normal for my right hand to look different after surgery and why are my veins more visible?
What multivitamins can help with cervical pain, neck pain, and headaches for a 33-year-old who works on a computer?
Cholestrol or pero ghav m se pani ana ghav khade nhi bhare jate h
What is the safest anti-aging drug for the body?
Como dejar de ahogarme seguidamente creo que es con mi saliva
How to reduce high blood sugar levels of 350 with diabetes while taking Dapagliflozin, Vidagliptin, and Glimepiride?
why my ears are itching
How Do You Treat Swollen Legs?
fungal infection ear symptoms
good juice for liver
Which yoga helps in reducing BP?
is apple good for cold
how to reduce body heat in summer
which utensils are best for cooking
which juice is best for energy
is sugar cane juice good for health
can we drink neem juice during periods
smoking cause back pain
Which yoga helps lower cholesterol?
how to relieve jaw pain from sinus infection