AskDocDoc
/
/
/
apple cider vinegar is good for liver
FREE!Ask Doctors — 24/7
Connect with Doctors 24/7. Ask anything, get expert help today.
500 doctors ONLINE
#1 Medical Platform
Ask question for free
00H : 23M : 04S
background image
Click Here
background image
General Health
Question #22047
259 days ago
487

apple cider vinegar is good for liver

Ishaan

I am really trying to figure out if apple cider vinegar is good for liver health. Last month, I went for a routine check-up and my doctor mentioned my liver enzymes were slightly elevated. I started feeling all worried, like, is there something wrong with my liver? I've heard that apple cider vinegar can help with all sorts of things, like detoxing and improving digestion, but can it actually be good for liver? A friend told me she drinks it every morning, saying apple cider vinegar is good for liver and all these other benefits, but I've seen mixed info online that leaves me confused. Sometimes I even wonder if taking it could interfere with my other meds, ya know? I tried drinking it straight, and honestly, it was so harsh! I feel like if apple cider vinegar is good for liver, there should be an easier way to take it without all that sourness! I'm also trying to eat healthier overall—cutting back on junk food and getting more veggies in. Does anyone have tips on how to incorporate apple cider vinegar in a way that's actually manageable? And if apple cider vinegar is good for the liver, how long does it usually take to notice any changes? I just want to do what's best for my health without making things worse!

FREE
Question is closed
FREE! Ask a Doctor — 24/7,
100% Anonymously
Get expert answers anytime, completely confidential.
No sign-up needed.
CTA image asteriksCTA image

Doctors' responses

Apple cider vinegar has become quite popular for various health claims, but when it comes to liver health, there is currently limited scientific evidence to support the idea that it directly benefits liver function. Apple cider vinegar contains acetic acid and is sometimes praised for its potential to aid metabolism and manage blood sugar levels, but its role in liver health is not well-established through rigorous clinical research. More importantly, if your liver enzymes are elevated, it’s key to understand why. Although slight elevations can occur for various reasons, including medication use, alcohol consumption, or fatty liver disease, a healthcare provider should assess these findings to determine the root cause.

It’s crucial to be cautious with home remedies, especially those like apple cider vinegar. Drinking it straight can indeed be harsh and possibly damage tooth enamel or upset the stomach. If you do choose to incorporate it, diluting one to two tablespoons in a large glass of water might make it easier to take. But before making it a regular habit, check with your doctor to ensure it won’t interfere with any medications.

For liver health, focusing on a balanced diet rich in fruits, vegetables, lean proteins, and whole grains is beneficial. Limiting alcohol intake, maintaining a healthy weight, and managing any other health conditions like diabetes or high cholesterol are also important steps. Regular follow-up with your doctor is advisable to monitor liver enzyme levels and adjust any treatments if needed. If lifestyle changes are made, improvements in liver enzymes can sometimes be seen within a few weeks or months, but this varies depending on the underlying cause and individual health. Always prioritize medically reviewed treatments and discuss any supplements or dietary changes with your healthcare provider to ensure safety and efficacy.

21805 answered questions
91% best answers
Accepted response

0 replies
FREE! Ask a Doctor — 24/7,
100% Anonymously

Get expert answers anytime, completely confidential. No sign-up needed.

About our doctors

Only qualified doctors who have confirmed the availability of medical education and other certificates of medical practice consult on our service. You can check the qualification confirmation in the doctor's profile.


Dog vaccine related issues regarding symptoms
How to recover energy and improve sleep after taking metformin without a prescription?
Health Issues – Weakness, Numbness in Hands/Legs, Mild Chest Pain
Is it normal for my neck to be tilted to one side since childhood, and can exercises or physiotherapy help improve it?
Why do I feel extremely dizzy when I stand up quickly after giving birth?
How to reduce uric acid, fatty liver, triglycerides etc
How to know if Bump/Lump on armpit is harmful
I don’t know what’s happening to my body
Do I need a rabies booster after my puppy scratched me?
Advice Needed After Puppy Scratch
Seeking Guidance on Multiple Health Issues
Post menopausal spotting after 12 months of last period.
What supplements should I take for severe vitamin D and B12 deficiencies and low HDL levels?
What to do for severe Vitamin D deficiency with muscle pain and anxiety symptoms?
Concerns About Electrolyte Overdose and Weight Loss Effects
What is the safest anti-aging medication I can take?
What tests should I ask for to diagnose extreme fatigue and heart palpitations at 24 years old?
how many types of blood are there
what are the benefits of robotic surgery
how to control body heat
stain mark
Liver enzymes, the spot and sgpt value is 50
face per pimple
which is better shilajit or ashwagandha
Barbed wire puncture wound need tetanus shot or not
ors water benefits
How To Fight Obesity At Home?
What Could Be Causing My Dizziness And Pale Face?
does ibuprofen help with sore throat
can we eat dry fruits in empty stomach