AskDocDoc
/
/
/
how to use adulsa leaves for cough
FREE!Ask Doctors — 24/7
Connect with Doctors 24/7. Ask anything, get expert help today.
500 doctors ONLINE
#1 Medical Platform
Ask question for free
00H : 55M : 32S
background image
Click Here
background image
Lung & Breathing Conditions
Question #23052
243 days ago
461

how to use adulsa leaves for cough

Amara

I am really struggling with this nagging cough that just won't go away, and a friend mentioned how to use adulsa leaves for cough relief. I heard they can be super helpful but honestly, I'm confused about the best way to use them. Like a couple of weeks ago, I caught a nasty cold, and even after a bunch of over-the-counter meds, it feels like my throat is still scratchy and I keep hacking. I did some googling and saw that adulsa leaves could be an option since they're supposed to have some medicinal qualities. How do you even prepare them? Should I be boiling them, or maybe making a tea? And do I need to add anything to it?? Also, can I just munch on the leaves directly for cough relief or is that not recommended? I read about a few people saying it helps them breathe easier and I’m just really hoping I can find something that works. Ugh, this cough is driving me crazy! If anyone here knows how to use adulsa leaves for cough, please share your experiences! Thanks a million!

FREE
Question is closed
FREE! Ask a Doctor — 24/7,
100% Anonymously
Get expert answers anytime, completely confidential.
No sign-up needed.
CTA image asteriksCTA image

Doctors' responses

Adulsa, also known as Adhatoda vasica or Malabar nut, is often used traditionally to help with respiratory issues like coughs. The leaves of this plant are known for containing alkaloids, particularly vasicine, which may have bronchodilator and mucolytic properties, potentially helping clear respiratory passages and ease breathing. One common way to use adulsa leaves is to prepare a herbal tea. You can take a few fresh or dried adulsa leaves, rinse them, and boil them in water for about 10-15 minutes. Once boiled, strain the leaves and sip the decoction slowly while it’s still warm. This can be done 2-3 times a day. Some people like to add honey or ginger to the adulsa tea to enhance the taste and potentially add additional soothing properties.

Eating the leaves directly isn’t typically recommended, as they can be quite bitter, and the concentration of active compounds might be higher than your system is used to handling. It’s generally more comfortable and safer to consume them as a tea, where the potency is diluted.

If you’re considering self-care with adulsa leaves, it’s also essential to be aware of any potential allergic reactions or interactions with medications you might be taking. While adulsa is generally considered safe, those who are pregnant, breastfeeding, or have any pre-existing conditions should consult their healthcare provider before use, as safety data in these populations is limited. Importantly, if your cough persists for more than a couple of weeks despite trying different remedies, it’s crucial to seek medical advice to rule out any underlying conditions that might need more specific treatment.

21706 answered questions
91% best answers
Accepted response

0 replies
FREE! Ask a Doctor — 24/7,
100% Anonymously

Get expert answers anytime, completely confidential. No sign-up needed.

About our doctors

Only qualified doctors who have confirmed the availability of medical education and other certificates of medical practice consult on our service. You can check the qualification confirmation in the doctor's profile.


Hello, I noticed light, bright red blood with bowel movements. It came for two days, disappeared for three days, and now returned.
How can I get rid of breathing trouble?
Advice for Managing Persistent Shortness of Breath
Heavy feeling in chest and difficulty breathing after eating
What to do for sudden feelings of suffocation when angry or crying?
What should I do if I have trouble breathing and a heavy head after getting punched in the face?
What to do if I have breathing problems and chest pain before and after eating?
Asthma problems 40 year old woman
Experiencing Shortness of Breath and Coughing Up Blood
Breathing Difficulties After Substance Use
पुरानी खांसी (कफ के साथ) के इलाज के लिए परामर्श
Experiencing Breathing Issues and Coughing Up Blood
What causes tightness in the chest and shortness of breath when climbing stairs?
كيف اعرف أن الوجع خطيرومحتاج دكتور
What to do for persistent breathing problems and cough after using Symbicort for 4 years?
Do I have asthma because spirometry done
Ik heb constant de behoefte om te hoesten, wat kan ik doen?
What to do if I'm experiencing heavy breathing, nausea while eating, and dizziness when not lying down?
What to do for my 7-year-old daughter who has a persistent cough that worsens with activity?
What should I do if I've been feeling weird and experiencing breathing issues after climbing?
how to reduce pain, I have Anemia and chest pain
problem in breathing reasons
causes of lung infection
What are the 3 causes of COPD?
lung infection causes
pulmonary rehabilitation
asthma copd difference
copd cause
asthma konsi bimari hai
breathing problem symptoms