AskDocDoc
/
/
/
3 months I didn't get periods. But then, I got that now. But for one month it is continuously bleeding. Not stopping!what should I do .
FREE!Ask Doctors — 24/7
Connect with Doctors 24/7. Ask anything, get expert help today.
500 doctors ONLINE
#1 Medical Platform
Ask question for free
00H : 10M : 02S
background image
Click Here
background image
Gynecology & Pregnancy Care
Question #18519
290 days ago
570

3 months I didn't get periods. But then, I got that now. But for one month it is continuously bleeding. Not stopping!what should I do .

Gayathri

Hello, I am experiencing abnormal menstrual bleeding and need medical advice. Here is my situation: I did not have my periods for three months (August, September, and October 2025). Around November 12–17, 2025, I tried a homemade herbal drink (ingredients included jaggery, cumin, onion, lemon, and water) in an attempt to induce my period, drinking it twice a day for five days. On November 17, 2025, my periods started, but since then I have been bleeding continuously. Today is December 17, 2025, so it has been one month of continuous bleeding. The bleeding is sometimes heavy, and I have noticed significant hair loss during this period. I am worried because this is not normal, and I am concerned about anemia or other underlying issues. I would greatly appreciate your advice on what tests I should take and what treatment is necessary to stop the bleeding. Thank you.

Age: 20
Bleeding
$7.5
Question is closed
FREE! Ask a Doctor — 24/7,
100% Anonymously
Get expert answers anytime, completely confidential.
No sign-up needed.
CTA image asteriksCTA image

Doctors' responses

Hello dear See as per clinical history it seems exaggerated body response due to endometrial lining getting thickened Due to this there is excessive bleeding Iam suggesting some tests Please get them done for confirmation Serum tsh Serum ferritin Serum prolactin Rbs Please share the result with gynaecologist in person for better clarity However for control of bleeding please get your pads changed after 2-3 hrs Regards

3585 answered questions
70% best answers
Accepted response

0 replies

Hello,

Likely due to hormonal imbalance Yes , Continuous bleeding can cause anemia, which explains hair loss, weakness, and fatigue.

Tests needed: CBC (check anemia) Iron / ferritin levels TSH Pelvic ultrasound

Please dont try more home remedies or dont self medicate.

Please see a gynaecologist in person for taking these tests and proper evaluation.

🛑One month of continuous bleeding is not normal and need treatment

I trust this helps Thank you

1986 answered questions
57% best answers
Accepted response

0 replies

Complete Blood Count Serum Ferritin TSH Prolactin Hormonal profile (FSH, LH, estrogen, progesterone) Pregnancy test (urine or blood)

2117 answered questions
59% best answers
Accepted response

1 replies
Gayathri
Client
288 days ago

Ok thank you …

Hello Gayathri Thank you for sharing all these details—this sounds very distressing, and you’re right to be concerned. Continuous bleeding for one month after missing periods for three months is not normal and needs prompt medical attention. The heavy bleeding and hair loss also raise concern for anemia (low blood count) and possible hormonal or structural causes.

Possible causes include: - Hormonal imbalance (like PCOS, thyroid issues, or perimenopause) - Uterine fibroids or polyps - Endometrial (uterine lining) problems - Side effects from herbal remedies (though less likely, but can trigger bleeding in some cases) - Other medical conditions (like bleeding disorders)

What you should do next: 1. See a gynecologist as soon as possible. Continuous bleeding for this long can be serious and may require urgent treatment. 2. Tests you’ll likely need: - Complete blood count (CBC) to check for anemia - Pelvic ultrasound to look for fibroids, polyps, or other uterine issues - Hormonal profile: thyroid function tests, prolactin, FSH, LH, and possibly others - Coagulation profile (to check for bleeding disorders) 3. Monitor for warning signs: If you feel dizzy, faint, very weak, have chest pain, or notice very heavy bleeding with clots, seek emergency care immediately.

What you can do at home: - Rest as much as possible. - Stay hydrated and eat iron-rich foods (like spinach, lentils, jaggery, pomegranate). - Avoid taking any more herbal or home remedies until you see a doctor.

Important: Only a gynecologist can prescribe the right treatment to stop the bleeding—this may include hormonal medications or other interventions, depending on the cause.

Thank you

1361 answered questions
45% best answers
Accepted response

0 replies

Hi Gayathri, thank you for sharing your problem so clearly

What you’re describing is abnormal, prolonged bleeding and needs prompt medical attention.

Continuous bleeding for a month, especially when sometimes heavy, can cause significant blood loss and anaemia, which may explain your hair fall and tiredness.

If you are soaking a pad every 1–2 hours, feeling dizzy, breathless, very weak, or having chest pain or palpitations, go to the emergency room immediately rather than waiting for an appointment.

You now need an in‑person gynecology evaluation with ultrasound and blood tests (especially haemoglobin and iron levels) so that the cause of bleeding can be found and controlled safely with proper medicines.

Until you see a doctor, avoid over‑the‑counter hormonal or herbal remedies on your own, rest as much as possible, stay hydrated, and do not ignore worsening weakness or faintness.

Dr Nikhil Chauhan Urologist

555 answered questions
42% best answers
Accepted response

0 replies

Continuous menstrual bleeding for such an extended period definitely warrants a thorough evaluation and it’s good that you’re reaching out for guidance. Several potential causes could be triggering this, ranging from hormonal imbalances to more structural issues. Given the duration of bleeding and the associated symptoms like hair loss, it’s possible that your condition might be linked to hormonal disruption, such as Polycystic Ovary Syndrome (PCOS) or thyroid irregularities, but it’s crucial to also consider anemia due to blood loss and other conditions like fibroids or polyps.

First, I’d recommend scheduling an appointment with a healthcare provider as soon as possible. You’ll likely need a physical examination and your doctor will probably order some blood tests to assess your hormonal levels, including thyroid function tests and complete blood count (CBC) to check for anemia. This not only helps in confirming the suspected diagnosis, but also in ruling out other issues. An ultrasound might be necessary to examine the uterus and ovaries for any abnormalities. Given the heavy bleeding you’re experiencing, treatment might involve medications that can stabilize your bleeding and address any deficiencies. Iron supplements might be recommended to counteract anemia.

Ensure you monitor any symptoms that may worsen, like dizziness, breathlessness, or significant fatigue, as they would necessitate faster intervention. In the mean time, try to rest, hydrate, and maintain a balanced diet. Herbal remedies are useful in some cases but make sure any such treatment shouldn’t replace conventional advice without checking with your doctor. This is really important to address properly, so don’t delay getting medical help.

21727 answered questions
91% best answers
Accepted response

0 replies
FREE! Ask a Doctor — 24/7,
100% Anonymously

Get expert answers anytime, completely confidential. No sign-up needed.

About our doctors

Only qualified doctors who have confirmed the availability of medical education and other certificates of medical practice consult on our service. You can check the qualification confirmation in the doctor's profile.


My periods are delayed by 14 days
Baby conceiving problem after2 years
Vaginal skin peeling with cuts,itchy skin and burning and have smell
About I'm pregnant or not confirming
What are the natural ways to regulate my periods and manage PCOS symptoms at 17 years old?
Is it normal to have minor bleeding after taking an I pill during my period?
I am pregnant or not getting confused
What is causing thick curd-like discharge and itching before my period?
What should I do if I have severe headaches, dizziness, and shortness of breath while on Sprintec?
Worried About Taking the Wrong Medication During Pregnancy
I am not getting my periods.since
Options for Safe Pregnancy Termination
Irregular periods , unwanted white discharge with bad smell and itching in private part
What to do if I'm 6 weeks pregnant and experiencing bright red bleeding and passing clots?
Clotrimazole 250 mg vaginal suppositories are recommended?
Late ovulation with improtected intercourse need advice
What should I do if my abortion medication didn't work?
Pergancy happen through clothes
Menstrual Irregularity and Absence of Periods
3 saal ho gye marriage ko usme humne sex kiya to 5 se 7 bar unwanted72 tablet use kri thi pahle ab kal sex kiya to light bleeding ho rhi h usme
I want to know my babys gender through my scans plz help
Is it normalif periods blood flow reduces with time
Can we stop periods 1-2 day early
Concern About Irregular Periods
Abortion in 11 weeks -18weeks.....
My periods isdelayed. How to get periods at time?
What could large blood clots and severe pain mean after taking emergency contraception?
What could large blood clots and pain in my sides mean after taking Unwanted 72 and experiencing bleeding?
Delayed periods from two months
Can I get pregnant if I had sex on the 2nd day of my period and took a 72-hour pill?