AskDocDoc
/
/
/
why my right side chest is paining
FREE!Ask Doctors — 24/7
Connect with Doctors 24/7. Ask anything, get expert help today.
500 doctors ONLINE
#1 Medical Platform
Ask question for free
00H : 34M : 44S
background image
Click Here
background image
Lung & Breathing Conditions
Question #22701
255 days ago
511

why my right side chest is paining

Ishita

I am really worried about this pain I've been feeling on my right side chest. It started about a week ago. I was just sitting at my desk, working, and suddenly I felt this sharp pain, kinda like a cramp or something, right around where my rib cage is. At first, I thought it was nothing, maybe just bad posture or something since I’m always hunched over my computer. But this pain on my right side chest has been coming and going, and sometimes it even feels like it spreads to my back, which freaks me out. I haven’t changed my diet or anything, and I don’t have any history of heart issues that I know of. I did a lot of googling (yeah, I know, bad idea) and I keep stumbling across stuff that scares me. Like, some people say it could be serious! I keep asking myself why my right side chest is paining, like could it be something simple or something major? Should I be seeing a doctor, or is there something I can try myself, like stretching or relaxation? I feel kinda dumb for not knowing what’s up, but the pain doesn’t seem to wanna go away, and it gets worse when I breathe deep. I really wanna know why my right side chest is paining, and what I shoud do to make it stop, or at least understand what’s going on!

FREE
Question is closed
FREE! Ask a Doctor — 24/7,
100% Anonymously
Get expert answers anytime, completely confidential.
No sign-up needed.
CTA image asteriksCTA image

Doctors' responses

When you experience pain on the right side of the chest, especially if it’s sharp and persistent, it’s important to consider different potential causes, some of which may require medical attention. While right-sided chest pain is less commonly associated with heart issues compared to left-sided pain, there are several other possibilities to explore. It could be related to your musculoskeletal system, possibly due to bad posture or strain, as you mentioned spending a lot of time hunched over a computer. Conditions like costochondritis, which is inflammation of the cartilage connecting your ribs to your breastbone, or a strained muscle could cause similar symptoms and are often aggravated by deep breathing. On the other hand, referred pain from the back due to nerve compression or issues with the spine can also present as chest pain. Another possibility is that digestive issues, such as acid reflux or gas, could be contributing to the discomfort. If you notice that the pain worsens with deep breathing, it’s important to consider pleurisy or a possible lung-related issue, like a mild infection or inflammation. First steps you can take at home include adjusting your working posture, ensuring you take regular breaks to stretch, and incorporating ergonomic supports. Applying heat or cold packs might also help with muscular pain. However, since the pain persists and is spreading, and because it can be linked to breathing difficulties, it’s advisable to consult a healthcare provider. A detailed clinical examination along with diagnostic tests like an X-ray or ECG could be warranted to rule out any serious conditions. Immediate medical attention is crucial if you experience severe pain, significant shortness of breath, dizziness, or fainting. With these kinds of symptoms, quick evaluation ensures proper treatment and peace of mind.

21816 answered questions
91% best answers
Accepted response

0 replies
FREE! Ask a Doctor — 24/7,
100% Anonymously

Get expert answers anytime, completely confidential. No sign-up needed.

About our doctors

Only qualified doctors who have confirmed the availability of medical education and other certificates of medical practice consult on our service. You can check the qualification confirmation in the doctor's profile.


I have cough I’m a smoker when I deep breath I cough
Sir mughe sas lene m takleef hoti hai pr m montair lc tablet jab leta hu tu bilkul theek ho jata hu
How to reduce chest pain and fainting
What is asthma and what are its causes, symptoms, and management options for children and adults?
Advice on Managing Persistent Shortness of Breath
Sharp Chest Pain When Coughing
Heavy feeling in chest and difficulty breathing after eating
Feeling Weak with Chest Pressure and Throat Pain
Breathing Difficulties After Substance Use
What to do if I have breathing problems and chest pain before and after eating?
पुरानी खांसी (कफ के साथ) के इलाज के लिए परामर्श
What should I do if I have trouble breathing and a heavy head after getting punched in the face?
What could be causing chest tightness and breathing problems before and after eating?
Cough with phlegm and chest pain after using asthma inhaler – is this normal?”
Breathing Issues After Indoor Climbing
Feeling heaviness in the chest and difficulty belching
Concerns about my child's cough and breathing
What causes tightness in the chest and shortness of breath when climbing stairs?
كيف اعرف أن الوجع خطيرومحتاج دكتور
Persistent Cough and Rib Pain After Flu
What should I do if I've been feeling weird and experiencing breathing issues after climbing?
how to reduce pain, I have Anemia and chest pain
What to do for my 7-year-old daughter who has a persistent cough that worsens with activity?
Breathing problem chest pain or
What causes sudden feelings of suffocation and difficulty breathing when crying or angry?
What causes sudden feelings of suffocation and difficulty breathing when upset?
What to do if I'm experiencing heavy breathing, nausea while eating, and dizziness when not lying down?
breathing issues reasons
copd vs asthma difference
pulmonology diseases