AskDocDoc
/
/
/
I don't know exactly what happened in my teeth
FREE!Ask Doctors — 24/7
Connect with Doctors 24/7. Ask anything, get expert help today.
500 doctors ONLINE
#1 Medical Platform
Ask question for free
00H : 34M : 24S
background image
Click Here
background image
Dental & Oral Disorders
Question #13322
345 days ago
552

I don't know exactly what happened in my teeth

Aryan

Yesterday, I noticed something really strange with my teeth. While brushing, I suddenly felt a rough edge that hadn’t been there before. When I checked in the mirror, I saw a small piece of my tooth missing. At first, I thought maybe it was just some food stuck, but then I realized it was actually a chipped part of my tooth. I took a picture to get a better look, and honestly, it looked quite weird and a bit worrying. I can’t figure out how it happened because I didn’t bite on anything hard or have any kind of accident recently. There’s no major pain, but I do feel a little sensitivity whenever I drink something cold. It’s really bothering me now because I keep thinking about what might have caused it. Maybe the tooth was already weak, or there’s some internal issue I didn’t notice before. I’m planning to visit a dentist soon just to be sure everything’s okay. Dental issues can get worse if ignored, and I’d rather get it checked early than regret it later. Still, it feels odd knowing that a part of my tooth just broke off without any reason. It’s a small thing, but it definitely made me more conscious about my dental health.

Age: 20
I don't feel anything
FREE
Question is closed
FREE! Ask a Doctor — 24/7,
100% Anonymously
Get expert answers anytime, completely confidential.
No sign-up needed.
CTA image asteriksCTA image

Doctors' responses

This requires physical examination. Please visit nearest dentist.

2117 answered questions
59% best answers
Accepted response

0 replies

Hi Dear Aryan, I can understand your issue There are at times the teeth gets a fracture line and gets weak and falls off So kindly donot worry and kindly visit a Dentist asap takecare

152 answered questions
49% best answers
Accepted response

0 replies

Chipping a tooth can indeed raise concerns, especially when you’re not quite sure what caused it. Several potential reasons could explain why this happened without any immediate trauma. Sometimes, a tooth may chip if it’s already been compromised. This could be due to previous decay or unnoticed minor cracks that have weakened the structure over time. Even daily habits such as teeth grinding—often done unconsciously, especially during sleep—might contribute to such an issue. When you grind your teeth, it gradually applies pressure that can weaken them. Another possibility might be a diet low in calcium or fluoride, which can affect your tooth’s enamel, making it more susceptible to damage.

The mild sensitivity you’re feeling is relatively common after a chip because it can expose more sensitive areas or dentin of the tooth. Meanwhile, try to avoid very hot or cold beverages and use a toothpaste designed for sensitive teeth; this might help in managing the sensitivity until you see the dentist. Despite the lack of significant pain right now, getting it checked is an excellent next step. A dentist will help determine whether the issue may require a simple smoothing and polishing, a dental filling, bonding, or any other specific remedy. This professional assessment can also unveil any underlying problems that might need addressing. Ignoring a chipped tooth could potentially lead to further complications like nerve damage or decay, so it’s wise to handle it sooner than later. Ensure to prioritize this visit; in the meantime, consider avoiding hard foods to reduce any risk of further chipping or damaging the tooth structure any further.

21745 answered questions
91% best answers
Accepted response

0 replies

Hello dear See after careful evaluation it seems either enamel trauma or dentinal fracture. Both will require restoration and that too light cure if esthetics are concerned. However since you have not shared the clinical pic so I cannot confirm if simple restoration is enough for good prognosis or ipc may be required. Hence I suggest you to please share x ray or clinical pic for confirmation and if possible get clinical check up with nearby dentist in person to avoid further progression Regards

3585 answered questions
70% best answers

0 replies

Hello Aryan By reading your clinical history it seems tooth enamel. These are some tips to maintain good teeth enamel - Good oral hygiene: Brush gently twice a day and floss daily. Diet: Limit sugary and acidic foods and drinks, and rinse with water after consuming them if you can’t brush immediately. Protective products: Use toothpaste containing fluoride, which helps to remineralize enamel by attracting calcium and phosphate. And don’t forget to share your picture… For better solution please visit your nearest dentist

Thank you

1361 answered questions
45% best answers

0 replies

Hello, Probably its just a fracture of tooth and it happens.

You can restore the tooth as same as before with tooth colored filling material. May be your bite has to be corrected/may be decayed from inside etc. Need in person consultation to know the reasons behind this.

Anyway please visit your nearby dentist and restore your tooth .

I hope this helps Thank you

1986 answered questions
57% best answers

0 replies
FREE! Ask a Doctor — 24/7,
100% Anonymously

Get expert answers anytime, completely confidential. No sign-up needed.

About our doctors

Only qualified doctors who have confirmed the availability of medical education and other certificates of medical practice consult on our service. You can check the qualification confirmation in the doctor's profile.


Injury and Infection Concerns After Fall
What should i do the problem which i m facing
Oral problem having discomfort and pain
How do i fix an overjet naturally?
What to do if my teeth haven't grown for 5 years and I'm 17 years old?
What to do if my teeth haven't come in for 5 years at 17 years old?
How to cure sensitivity in teeth
Skin dryness white skin flaky nose side chin and eye brows
On my front teeth there is a white patch and oral hygiene
What to do for mouth sores on both sides and tongue issues lasting a year?
Burning sensationin mouth since 8 9 months
I need an advise a realistic one without making a drama out of a situation
My front teeth is shaking liitle bit causing pain.
Concern About Tooth Pain and RCT Recommendations
Dat venge gese ar jonno koronio
How to align my son Aditya's teeth and what are the appointment details?
Pale Yellowish color of teeths..
What to do if I think I have tooth decay and fear there's still a problem?
What causes white spots on gums and a sore on the left side of the tongue?
How To get rid of bad breath please help me out this issue
Tooth removedI getyear pain more than one week
What to do about gum recession and gaps between teeth at 19 years old?
What is this yellowish spot on my tongue after biting it, and should I be worried about cancer?
Can I use my electric toothbrush again after using it in my vagina and cleaning it?
mouth ulcer which doctor to see
how to treat sore roof of mouth
what does tmj feel like
amarpower570@<link removed> im AMARNATH
how to reverse tooth decay naturally
for mouth ulcer which doctor to consult