AskDocDoc
/
/
/
for mouth ulcer which doctor to consult
FREE!Ask Doctors — 24/7
Connect with Doctors 24/7. Ask anything, get expert help today.
500 doctors ONLINE
#1 Medical Platform
Ask question for free
00H : 44M : 09S
background image
Click Here
background image
Dental & Oral Disorders
Question #27222
213 days ago
503

for mouth ulcer which doctor to consult

Meera

I am really worried about this awful mouth ulcer that just won't go away. It started about two weeks ago and at first, I thought it was just a canker sore—no big deal, right? But now it hurts like crazy and it’s making it difficult to eat or even talk. I couldn’t find any relief with those over-the-counter gels. I went to my regular physician thinking they could help, but they just told me to try saltwater rinses. Didn't help at all, honestly. Now I'm thinking, maybe I need to see a specialist because this is affecting my life way more than I thought possible. For mouth ulcer which doctor to consult? Should I see a dentist, or would an ENT be better? My friends mention oral surgeons sometimes deal with stuff like this too. I just want to know who is the right expert for mouth ulcer issues because I can't handle this pain much longer. I really hope it’s nothing serious, but at the same time, I feel like I'm not getting the help I need. If anyone has any suggestions on whom to see or what to do next, I would really appreciate it!

FREE
Question is closed
FREE! Ask a Doctor — 24/7,
100% Anonymously
Get expert answers anytime, completely confidential.
No sign-up needed.
CTA image asteriksCTA image

Doctors' responses

For persistent mouth ulcers that don’t seem to be improving, it’s a good idea to consult with a dentist or an oral surgeon first. Dentists are often well-equipped to handle oral health issues like ulcers or might refer you to an oral surgeon if they think it requires more specialized attention. ENT specialists (Ear, Nose, Throat doctors) are another viable option, especially if the ulcer is accompanied by other symptoms like frequent sore throats or ear pain. Your concern is valid, as chronic or non-healing mouth ulcers may require a closer look to rule out more serious conditions such as oral infections, deficiencies, or lesions. Before your appointment, it’s useful to make note of any additional symptoms, lifestyle factors, or diet changes that could be contributing to the problem. This information can assist the specialist in determining if further tests like blood work or a biopsy might be necessary. It’s important not to delay, especially if the ulcer is growing in size, becomes discolored, or comes with fever or weight loss. Meanwhile, continue with a soft diet to minimize discomfort and hydration is extremely important—aim to avoid spicy or acidic foods that might worsen the irritation. Until you get professional advice, medicated mouthwashes or prescribed topical treatments could also offer temporary relief. Given that ulcers generally improve soon, if they don’t or worsen, you should seek further medical assessment without delay as you may need more comprehensive treatment options.

21746 answered questions
91% best answers
Accepted response

0 replies
FREE! Ask a Doctor — 24/7,
100% Anonymously

Get expert answers anytime, completely confidential. No sign-up needed.

About our doctors

Only qualified doctors who have confirmed the availability of medical education and other certificates of medical practice consult on our service. You can check the qualification confirmation in the doctor's profile.


Injury and Infection Concerns After Fall
Injury to Eyebrow Arch After Fall - Increasing Pain and Swollen Eyelid
Oral problem having discomfort and pain
What should i do the problem which i m facing
How do i fix an overjet naturally?
I don't know exactly what happened in my teeth
What to do if my teeth haven't grown for 5 years and I'm 17 years old?
What to do if my teeth haven't come in for 5 years at 17 years old?
How to cure sensitivity in teeth
On my front teeth there is a white patch and oral hygiene
What to do for mouth sores on both sides and tongue issues lasting a year?
What to do for sharp throbbing tooth pain that keeps coming back?
I need an advise a realistic one without making a drama out of a situation
My front teeth is shaking liitle bit causing pain.
Dat venge gese ar jonno koronio
How to align my son Aditya's teeth and what are the appointment details?
Pale Yellowish color of teeths..
What to do if I think I have tooth decay and fear there's still a problem?
How to know if I have gum recession or periodontal disease after conflicting doctor opinions?
What causes white spots on gums and a sore on the left side of the tongue?
How To get rid of bad breath please help me out this issue
Tooth removedI getyear pain more than one week
What to do about gum recession and gaps between teeth at 19 years old?
Can I use my electric toothbrush again after using it in my vagina and cleaning it?
mouth ulcer which doctor to see
mouth specialist doctor
how to treat sore roof of mouth
which doctor to consult for tongue ulcer
what does tmj feel like
how long does numbness last after wisdom teeth removal