AskDocDoc
/
/
/
which doctor should i consult for mouth ulcers
FREE!Ask Doctors — 24/7
Connect with Doctors 24/7. Ask anything, get expert help today.
500 doctors ONLINE
#1 Medical Platform
Ask question for free
00H : 55M : 31S
background image
Click Here
background image
Dental & Oral Disorders
Question #27357
209 days ago
484

which doctor should i consult for mouth ulcers

Nisha

I am really worried about my mouth ulcers. They started a few months ago, just a few small ones, but man, they have gotten way worse. I couldn't eat or drink anything without that stingy pain. I tried over-the-counter stuff, but nothing seems to help, and I’m freaking out. I’ve seen a general practitioner who said it might be some vitamin deficiency or something, but I don’t really know. Now I’m lost about which doctor should I consult for mouth ulcers. Should I see a dentist or go back to the GP or maybe even an ENT specialist? The ulcers are kinda making me avoid socializing too, like eating out or just chatting with friends. Plus, I’ve read online that some mouth ulcers can be signs of bigger issues. Ugh! I mean how should I even approach this? Which doctor should I consult for mouth ulcers that can really help me figure this out? I just want to know if it's just some silly issue or something serious. Anyone else been through this? What did you do? Appreciate any advice on which doctor should I consult for mouth ulcers that can really get to the root of the problem. Thanks in advance!!

FREE
Question is closed
FREE! Ask a Doctor — 24/7,
100% Anonymously
Get expert answers anytime, completely confidential.
No sign-up needed.
CTA image asteriksCTA image

Doctors' responses

For mouth ulcers that are persistent and haven’t improved with over-the-counter treatments, it’s a good idea to see a specialist who can give more tailored care. A dentist can be a good starting point—they specialize in oral health and can check if there’s a local oral issue causing the ulcers. Sometimes these issues can relate to dental appliances or oral hygiene. If the dentist rules out oral issues and if the ulcers persist, seeing an ENT (Ear, Nose, and Throat) specialist can be beneficial. An ENT can explore if there’s any related conditions affecting parts of the mouth and throat. They can also check for underlying issues such as infections, allergies, or more systemic causes. However, if the concern is about potential systemic conditions like autoimmune diseases or an indication of a nutritional deficiency which you touched upon, consulting a general practitioner again or a specialist in internal medicine might be necessary. They can arrange for relevant tests like blood work to investigate systemic issues that might be contributing to your situation. Keep in mind, recurring ulcers can be tied to stress, nutritional deficits, or more systemic health issues. If any red-flag symptoms arise, like ulcers that won’t heal, difficulty swallowing, or weight loss, it would be important to seek immediate evaluation. Given how it’s affecting your ability to eat or socialize, promptly addressing it with the right specialist could be beneficial, potentially prevent complications and improve your quality of life.

21706 answered questions
91% best answers
Accepted response

0 replies
FREE! Ask a Doctor — 24/7,
100% Anonymously

Get expert answers anytime, completely confidential. No sign-up needed.

About our doctors

Only qualified doctors who have confirmed the availability of medical education and other certificates of medical practice consult on our service. You can check the qualification confirmation in the doctor's profile.


Injury and Infection Concerns After Fall
Injury to Eyebrow Arch After Fall - Increasing Pain and Swollen Eyelid
How to straighten the 4 front Incisors?
What is the black discoloration on my gums and teeth, and does it need treatment?
What to do about gum recession and gaps between teeth for a 19-year-old?
How do i fix an overjet naturally?
I don't know exactly what happened in my teeth
How to cure sensitivity in teeth
What to do if my teeth haven't come in for 5 years at 17 years old?
Burning sensationin mouth since 8 9 months
On my front teeth there is a white patch and oral hygiene
My front teeth is shaking liitle bit causing pain.
What to do for sharp throbbing tooth pain that keeps coming back?
I have yellow teeth since my childhood,I take care of my teeth and brush daily but they're still yellow.What shouldI do?
What to do if my wife has occasional bleeding from the mouth?
Is it safe to re-pierce my nose through an old piercing site with a bump?
What causes white spots on gums and a sore on the left side of the tongue?
Why is my mother experiencing pain after root canal treatment when the doctor is away?
How to reduce oilness of face and pigmentation
How to get rid of Yellowish teeth after getting cleanat hospital
How to know if I have gum recession or periodontal disease after conflicting doctor opinions?
how to use cloves for toothache
is halitosis curable
charcoal toothpaste side effects
om shiv bone joint and dental clinic
how to treat periodontitis
can gingivitis be cured
how to stop numbness in mouth
how do you get gingivitis
is charcoal toothpaste safe