AskDocDoc
/
/
/
does sugarcane juice cause acidity
FREE!Ask Doctors — 24/7
Connect with Doctors 24/7. Ask anything, get expert help today.
500 doctors ONLINE
#1 Medical Platform
Ask question for free
00H : 24M : 42S
background image
Click Here
background image
General Health
Question #23948
244 days ago
456

does sugarcane juice cause acidity

Manvi

I am really confused about this sugarcane juice thing. Last week, I was at a party, and someone brought fresh sugarcane juice, which I thought was super healthy. I drank like two big glasses because it was hot and just felt so refreshing! But then like a couple hours later, I started feeling this weird burning sensation in my chest, which honestly freaked me out a bit. I thought maybe it was just something I ate, but then my friend mentioned that sugarcane juice can sometimes cause acidity. So, now I'm wondering, does sugarcane juice cause acidity? I mean, I've had a pretty good diet, and I usually don’t have those kinda issues. Besides that night, I had some ramen earlier, but it wasn't spicy or anything. I keep questioning if the sugarcane juice was the culprit or just a coincidence. I read somewhere it has high sugar content, so could that be related to acidity? Does sugarcane juice cause acidity for everyone, or just some people? If it *does* cause acidity, should I avoid it in the future? Wish I could figure this out before I just drink it again, ya know?

FREE
Question is closed
FREE! Ask a Doctor — 24/7,
100% Anonymously
Get expert answers anytime, completely confidential.
No sign-up needed.
CTA image asteriksCTA image

Doctors' responses

Sugarcane juice is not a typical trigger for acidity, but it can potentially cause issues in some people. It’s important to consider individual variability when it comes to how different foods affect us. Sugarcane juice is naturally alkaline and generally considered mild on the stomach. However, due to its high sugar content, it might contribute to gastric discomfort in some individuals, especially when consumed in large amounts. The sugar can cause your stomach to produce more acid, which might explain why you felt a burning sensation. This doesn’t happen to everyone, but if you’re prone to gastritis or acid reflux, drinking large quantities could exacerbate symptoms. Other factors, like what else you ate that day and your current digestive health, could also play a role. Even though ramen doesn’t seem very spicy, it may have other ingredients that can trigger acidity in some, such as preservatives or MSG. To see if sugarcane juice is the culprit, you could try a small controlled test: next time have a smaller amount, maybe just half a glass, and see how your body reacts. Pay attention to see if you notice any burning sensation again or if it’s absent. This would help you understand your personal threshold. If it causes issues again, it’d be wise to limit intake or avoid it. If these symptoms persist irrespective of sugarcane juice consumption, considering a checkup with your healthcare provider would be a good idea. They can help you explore other potential causes for your symptoms and discuss strategies to manage them effectively. Always be alert to symptoms like severe pain or difficulty swallowing associated with acidity, as these warrant timely medical attention.

21805 answered questions
91% best answers
Accepted response

0 replies
FREE! Ask a Doctor — 24/7,
100% Anonymously

Get expert answers anytime, completely confidential. No sign-up needed.

About our doctors

Only qualified doctors who have confirmed the availability of medical education and other certificates of medical practice consult on our service. You can check the qualification confirmation in the doctor's profile.


Dog vaccine related issues regarding symptoms
How to recover energy and improve sleep after taking metformin without a prescription?
Health Issues – Weakness, Numbness in Hands/Legs, Mild Chest Pain
Is it normal for my neck to be tilted to one side since childhood, and can exercises or physiotherapy help improve it?
Why do I feel extremely dizzy when I stand up quickly after giving birth?
How to reduce uric acid, fatty liver, triglycerides etc
How to know if Bump/Lump on armpit is harmful
I don’t know what’s happening to my body
Do I need a rabies booster after my puppy scratched me?
Advice Needed After Puppy Scratch
Seeking Guidance on Multiple Health Issues
Request for Medication Prescription
Post menopausal spotting after 12 months of last period.
What supplements should I take for severe vitamin D and B12 deficiencies and low HDL levels?
What to do for severe Vitamin D deficiency with muscle pain and anxiety symptoms?
Concerns About Electrolyte Overdose and Weight Loss Effects
What is the safest anti-aging medication I can take?
What tests should I ask for to diagnose extreme fatigue and heart palpitations at 24 years old?
how many types of blood are there
what are the benefits of robotic surgery
how to control body heat
stain mark
Liver enzymes, the spot and sgpt value is 50
face per pimple
which is better shilajit or ashwagandha
apple cider vinegar is good for liver
Barbed wire puncture wound need tetanus shot or not
ors water benefits
How To Fight Obesity At Home?
What Could Be Causing My Dizziness And Pale Face?