AskDocDoc
/
/
/
laser surgery for kidney stones recovery time
FREE!Ask Doctors — 24/7
Connect with Doctors 24/7. Ask anything, get expert help today.
500 doctors ONLINE
#1 Medical Platform
Ask question for free
00H : 14M : 15S
background image
Click Here
background image
Kidney & Urinary Health
Question #21479
260 days ago
446

laser surgery for kidney stones recovery time

Kashvi

I am really worried about my recovery after having laser surgery for kidney stones. I had my procedure about a week ago, and honestly, I’m not sure if this is normal or something to be concerned about. The doctor said laser surgery for kidney stones recovery time should be around a couple of weeks, but I feel like I’m still in a lot of pain, I can barely move without cringing, and sometimes I see some tiny blood in my urine. I know they say that's a common thing after laser surgery for kidney stones, but man, it’s freaking me out! I thought I’d be bouncing back by now, you know? My friends keep saying that recovery time varies but I’m just not sure how much longer I can handle feeling this way. I just need to know, is it usually this tough or am I doing something wrong? Should I be reaching out to my doctor again or just wait it out? Also, how can I speed up the recovery time after laser surgery for kidney stones? I really don’t wanna deal with complications or end up needing more treatment. Any advice would be great!

FREE
Question is closed
FREE! Ask a Doctor — 24/7,
100% Anonymously
Get expert answers anytime, completely confidential.
No sign-up needed.
CTA image asteriksCTA image

Doctors' responses

It’s understandable to have concerns about your recovery after laser surgery for kidney stones. Typically, recovery can take about one to two weeks, but this can vary based on the size and location of the stones, the complexity of the procedure, and your overall health. Pain and some blood in your urine can be normal shortly afterward, but significant pain or ongoing blood may warrant further attention. Since you’re still experiencing quite a bit of discomfort and finding blood in your urine, it would be wise to contact your doctor again to ensure everything is progressing normally and there’s no underlying issue like an infection or incomplete stone clearance. In the meantime, here are some steps that might help: Stay hydrated by drinking plenty of water, which aids in flushing out kidney residues and preventing new stone formation. Pain medication, as prescribed by your physician, can help manage discomfort, and warm compresses on the affected area might also provide relief. Keeping a balanced diet that avoids high-oxalate foods, reduces salt intake, and limits animal protein can also be beneficial. Ensure you’re not over-exerting yourself; gentle movement can aid circulation and recovery, but avoid strenuous activities until you’ve been cleared by your doctor. Keep track of any changes or prolonged symptoms like fever or severe pain, as these could indicate an infection or complication. Your doctor may suggest a follow-up imaging study to make sure all stones have been removed or dissolved. Seeking out your provider’s support is vital if you’re unsure about your symptoms; don’t hesitate to reach out—better safe than sorry.

21776 answered questions
91% best answers
Accepted response

0 replies
FREE! Ask a Doctor — 24/7,
100% Anonymously

Get expert answers anytime, completely confidential. No sign-up needed.

About our doctors

Only qualified doctors who have confirmed the availability of medical education and other certificates of medical practice consult on our service. You can check the qualification confirmation in the doctor's profile.


How to end pain and tightness of abdomen
Body swelling like a feet arms face etc
Liver problems and kidney with diabetic
What could cause frequent urination with urgency and no pain after normal tests?
Both of my testical is paining since morning
What is the reason of swelling?
Heavy urination. Night time high
What is causing my frequent urination and high blood pressure at 15 years old?
Loss of bladder sensation and appetite after childbirth
Can a micropenis cause urinary tract infections and burning during urination?
Pain and Lump Near Anus: Possible Causes and Solutions
Urine pass krte wakt jalan hote hai
How to control high creatinine levels in an 81-year-old heart patient with leg swelling?
What is causing my recurring urinary urgency and vaginal irritation with discharge at 22 years old?
What should I do about my father's eye swelling and shortness of breath with diabetes and high blood pressure?
"How to get rid of kidney stone"
What to do if I feel the urge to pee but can't urinate properly?
What to do for urinary bladder pain with no urge for 2 years?
kidney stone laparoscopy operation
Is Ciprocin 500mg the best treatment for my UTI symptoms and yellow semen at 17 years old?
what is the most common cause of prostatitis
kidney stone symptoms treatment
Urinary track infection in urin
is alcohol bad for kidney
kidney swelling means
Can sperm build up cause testicle pain?
how much cost of kidney transplant
exercises to help empty bladder
acute retention of urine
ঘন ঘন প্রস্রাব । বারবার প্রস্রাব পায় ও প্রসাব ঠিকমতো ক্লিয়ার হয় না