AskDocDoc
/
/
/
whom to consult for urine infection
FREE!Ask Doctors — 24/7
Connect with Doctors 24/7. Ask anything, get expert help today.
500 doctors ONLINE
#1 Medical Platform
Ask question for free
00H : 04M : 33S
background image
Click Here
background image
Kidney & Urinary Health
Question #27693
212 days ago
777

whom to consult for urine infection

Aisha

I am really worried because for like a week now I've been having these terrible burning sensations when I pee and I'm going to the bathroom way too often. Its really annoying and I can't focus on anything. I've tried drinking a ton of water but it doesn't seem to help the burning! I started feeling really fatigued too, and there was this weird smell to my urine, a bit strong and kinda off. My friend told me it sounds like a urine infection but I'm not really sure, since I don't want to self-diagnose or whatever. Honestly, I don't know whom to consult for urine infection. Should I go to my family doctor or is there a special urologist I should see? I’ve read somewhere about specialists for urine infection, but wasn’t sure if that’s necessary yet. I mean, could I just call my regular doc and ask about urine infection treatments? Or maybe I need to get some tests first? Has anyone been in a similar situation? What was your experience and whom did you consult for urine infection? I feel like I'm kind of in a panic and don't know what to do next! Any advice would really help me out.

FREE
Question is closed
FREE! Ask a Doctor — 24/7,
100% Anonymously
Get expert answers anytime, completely confidential.
No sign-up needed.
CTA image asteriksCTA image

Doctors' responses

Consulting with your family doctor is definitely the right first step when dealing with symptoms consistent with a urinary tract infection (UTI). They’re well-equipped to handle these kinds of issues and will likely start with a urinalysis to confirm whether it’s a UTI or something else. Your symptoms like the burning sensation while urinating, increased frequency, and the odd urine smell are quite common in urinary infections. The fatigue could be related too, especially if it’s getting worse. Your family doctor will also evaluate if there’s anything else might be going on, including ruling out complications like a kidney infection, particularly if you’re feeling increasingly unwell or notice back pain. Should the family doctor determine it’s not a straightforward UTI or if it’s persistent/recurrent, they might refer you to a specialist, like a urologist, but that’s not usually necessary right off the bat for most uncomplicated cases. Make sure to mention all your symptoms so that they can provide the most appropriate care. It’s essential to initiate treatment if needed, as untreated UTIs can potentially lead to more severe health issues. While hydrating is helpful, antibiotics are often required to tackle the underlying infection fully. So, go ahead and schedule a visit with your family doctor, explaining the symptoms you’re experiencing, and they will guide you through the appropriate steps to recovery.

21805 answered questions
91% best answers
Accepted response

0 replies
FREE! Ask a Doctor — 24/7,
100% Anonymously

Get expert answers anytime, completely confidential. No sign-up needed.

About our doctors

Only qualified doctors who have confirmed the availability of medical education and other certificates of medical practice consult on our service. You can check the qualification confirmation in the doctor's profile.


How to end pain and tightness of abdomen
Frequent Urination After Cataract Surgery
Soft Bumps Around the Anus and Persistent Discomfort
Burning in urethra from last 7 days
Frequently urination and issue about it
What could cause frequent urination with urgency and no pain after normal tests?
What is the reason of swelling?
What to do for urinary incontinence after childbirth that worsened despite Kegel exercises?
Heavy urination. Night time high
Can a micropenis cause urinary tract infections and burning during urination?
“Frequent urination, difficulty passing urine, and blood in urine after first intimacy”
Urine pass krte wakt jalan hote hai
What could be causing my boyfriend's lingering testicular swelling and back pain after a urinary tract infection?
How to reduce testicular pain with medicine
What should I do about my father's eye swelling and shortness of breath with diabetes and high blood pressure?
What to do for ear popping and ringing after fundoplication for GERD?
What is causing my recurring urinary urgency, pain, and vaginal discharge at 22 years old?
What should I do if my 3-year-old daughter has irritation and a rash in her urination area at night?
Should I worry if I have phimosis?
how long one can survive with one kidney
can a yeast infection cause a uti
kidney spot
urologist consultation
Is beer good for UTI?
Kidney stone beer
which doctor to consult for testicle pain
How Can I Treat a Lump on My Anus at Home?
is chanca piedra safe
leg pain and kidney disease
kidney healthy kaise rakhe