AskDocDoc
/
/
/
What to do if I'm gaining weight at 16 and have HLAB27 positive with irregular periods?
FREE!Ask Doctors — 24/7
Connect with Doctors 24/7. Ask anything, get expert help today.
500 doctors ONLINE
#1 Medical Platform
Ask question for free
00H : 37M : 46S
background image
Click Here
background image
General Health
Question #30658
115 days ago
294

What to do if I'm gaining weight at 16 and have HLAB27 positive with irregular periods?

Client_6096b8

As i was suffering from body pain back pain in just 16 years of age,,,so I went to a doctor and he wrote some tests,all the test reports are normal even though my MRI reports are normal to the only thing is I'm HLAB27 positive,,,,,,and from past 1 year I'm gaining a lot of weight, some says that I might have thyroid, thyroid reports will come after 3 days,till then what should I do because I'm gaining weight everyday I'm just 16 and my weight is now 63kgs,,,,my periods are also unhealthy I get 10 days of periods,,,,, is there any other issues possible or I'm just having thyroid,,,,, I'm very tensed for my health will I ever be healthy like earlier or not,please suggest some exercises and a diet plan

How long have you been experiencing weight gain?:

- More than 6 months

How would you describe your appetite lately?:

- Normal appetite

Have you noticed any other symptoms besides weight gain and irregular periods?:

- Hair loss

What is your typical daily activity level?:

- Moderately active (exercise a few times a week)

Have you experienced any changes in your sleep patterns?:

- Yes, sleeping too much

Are you currently on any medications or treatments?:

- No medications

How would you rate your stress levels?:

- High
FREE
Question is closed
FREE! Ask a Doctor — 24/7,
100% Anonymously
Get expert answers anytime, completely confidential.
No sign-up needed.
CTA image asteriksCTA image

Doctors' responses

First, let’s address the potential linkage between HLA-B27 positivity, unexplained body and back pain, and irregular, extended periods. HLA-B27 positivity can sometimes be associated with certain autoimmune conditions, like ankylosing spondylitis, which could cause joint or back pain even at a young age. It’s crucial to discuss with your healthcare provider whether further evaluation by a rheumatologist could be necessary. Concerning the irregular periods, they could be linked to hormonal imbalances, and thyroid function could indeed play a significant role in both weight gain and menstrual irregularities. So, while waiting for the thyroid test results, here are some immediate steps you can take.

Focus on balanced, nutrient-rich meals. Eat smaller portions more frequently throughout the day to maintain stamina and avoid large meals. Include lots of fresh fruits, vegetables, lean proteins (like chicken, fish, or tofu), and whole grains. It would help if you limit processed foods, sugary snacks, and beverages, which can exacerbate weight gain. Incorporate a regular exercise routine that fits easily into your life—something like a daily 20- to 30-minute brisk walk, yoga or swimming can help manage weight and improve overall fitness.

Meanwhile, keep track of any other symptoms and how they evolve over time. If symptoms like fatigue, skin changes or any other arise, make sure to share this with your doctor as these could complement the diagnostic puzzle. However, remember that any detailed management plan should ultimately be guided by your healthcare provider upon reviewing the full scope of test results, including those thyroid tests. Be proactive, but patient while awaiting conclusive results that can direct more specific medical advice, and don’t hesitate to reach out to your doctor for clarification on any health changes you observe.

21777 answered questions
91% best answers
Accepted response

0 replies
FREE! Ask a Doctor — 24/7,
100% Anonymously

Get expert answers anytime, completely confidential. No sign-up needed.

About our doctors

Only qualified doctors who have confirmed the availability of medical education and other certificates of medical practice consult on our service. You can check the qualification confirmation in the doctor's profile.