AskDocDoc
/
/
/
What is the safest anti-aging medication I can take?
FREE!Ask Doctors — 24/7
Connect with Doctors 24/7. Ask anything, get expert help today.
500 doctors ONLINE
#1 Medical Platform
Ask question for free
00H : 26M : 01S
background image
Click Here
background image
General Health
Question #29844
153 days ago
430

What is the safest anti-aging medication I can take?

Pawan

If i ask you to prescribe me anti ageing drug (not cosmetic anti ageing) with full focus on safety. What drug would you give ?

FREE
Question is closed
FREE! Ask a Doctor — 24/7,
100% Anonymously
Get expert answers anytime, completely confidential.
No sign-up needed.
CTA image asteriksCTA image

Doctors' responses

Hello dear See metformin is known to Lower sugar Improve insulin resistance It is quite safer in type 2 diabetics and is usually given in combination with suphonyl ureas However it has irritating impact on Cardiac Renal health Gastric issues Vitamin b12 In addition Commonest side-effect is lactic acidosis However as per clinical history The exposure is intermediate and may not cause serious effects But still i suggest you to please consult concerned physician or diabetologist for safety Accordingly get routine tests and inhibit the medication Regards

3585 answered questions
70% best answers
Accepted response

0 replies

When considering anti-aging medications, the emphasis on safety alongside potential benefits is crucial. One of the most researched substances in this context is metformin, traditionally used for type 2 diabetes management. Metformin has been studied for its potential effects on aging-related factors and is considered relatively safe when used correctly. It may possibly improve metabolic health and might have a role in extending lifespan, although this is still being actively researched. However, metformin use should always be discussed with a healthcare provider to weigh potential benefits against risks such as gastrointestinal side effects, vitamin B12 deficiency, or the rare possibility of lactic acidosis, especially in individuals with kidney impairment. Another substance that often comes up in discussions about aging is rapamycin, which has shown lifespan-extending effects in animal studies. Still, it’s accompanied by a more complex safety profile, including immunosuppressive effects, so it’s not typically recommended for general anti-aging purposes. Lifestyle changes, such as regular physical activity, a nutritious diet rich in whole foods, adequate sleep, and stress management, are fundamental and can provide broadly recognized health and longevity benefits without the risks tied to pharmacological interventions. It’s key to have a personalized approach when considering any medication, focusing on personal health status, any present medical conditions, and long-term health goals. Close follow-up with healthcare professionals for monitoring and adjusting the plan is advisable if you consider any such medications. These discussions enable you to make informed decisions within the context of your health and circumstances.

21794 answered questions
91% best answers
Accepted response

0 replies
FREE! Ask a Doctor — 24/7,
100% Anonymously

Get expert answers anytime, completely confidential. No sign-up needed.

About our doctors

Only qualified doctors who have confirmed the availability of medical education and other certificates of medical practice consult on our service. You can check the qualification confirmation in the doctor's profile.


Dog vaccine related issues regarding symptoms
Is it necessary to get a rabies vaccination after a minor dog scratch?
I think I may have an concussion
What should I do after accidentally taking 7 Enzoflam pills in an hour without any symptoms?
I think I have an a issue with my anus andIdont know what to do
What are stronger treatments for severe motion sickness that don't respond to Meclizine or Dimenhydrinate?
I need help thank you very much
how to reduce pain in the chest ?
I don’t know what’s happening to my body
What causes swollen legs in a diabetic patient with a history of dilated cardiomyopathy?
Post menopausal spotting after 12 months of last period.
What should I do if I'm feeling nausea, chest sensations, heavy breathing, and dizziness after eating?
What tests should I undergo for anemia-like symptoms, fatigue, and muscle twitches at 18 years old?
What supplements should I take for severe vitamin D and B12 deficiencies and low HDL levels?
What to do for severe Vitamin D deficiency with muscle pain and anxiety symptoms?
Como dejar de ahogarme seguidamente creo que es con mi saliva
What is the best way to improve energy levels, gain weight, and treat hair fall and allergies in a 21-year-old?
bhumi amla how to use
how to control body heat
I want to know about my health reportwith symptoms
why do i keep losing weight for no reason?
Liver enzymes, the spot and sgpt value is 50
Is Naproxen Safe for Elderly Patients with Back Pain?
ors water benefits
if body gets heat what are the symptoms
how to cool the body
yoga therapy online training
How To Fight Obesity At Home?
What Are The Causes of Fatigue and Elevated Globulin Levels in Older Adults?
infection in ear