AskDocDoc
FREE!Ask Doctors — 24/7
Connect with Doctors 24/7. Ask anything, get expert help today.
500 doctors ONLINE
#1 Medical Platform
Ask question for free
00H : 27M : 43S
background image
Click Here
background image
Gynecology & Pregnancy Care
Question #13340
351 days ago
643

vinegar pregnancy test

Fatima

I am really freakin confused right now! I feel like I'm going a little crazy with all these pregancy test options out there, and I stumbled across something called the vinegar pregnancy test. Like, seriously? A vinegar pregnancy test?? So here’s my story — about two weeks after I got what I thought was a period but it was super light and lasted only a few days, I started having these weird cravings for pickles and sour stuff (totally not me!). I've taken a couple of those store-bought tests, but they're negative, and now I'm googling like mad. I saw people talking about the vinegar pregnancy test and how they mixed vinegar with urine and got positive results. Has anyone actually tried the vinegar pregnancy test? I'm debating if I should go for it, like is it legit? What if it's just a myth? I just need to know if this vinegar pregnancy test can actually tell me if I'm pregnant or if I'm stuck in this insane cycle of confusion. Should I trust it? Does anyone have real experience with this or know more about the science behind a vinegar pregnancy test? I feel like I'm losing my grip on reality here!

FREE
Question is closed
FREE! Ask a Doctor — 24/7,
100% Anonymously
Get expert answers anytime, completely confidential.
No sign-up needed.
CTA image asteriksCTA image

Doctors' responses

The vinegar pregnancy test is pretty much a myth. It’s not reliable for confirming pregnancy at all. The process involves mixing vinegar with urine to see if there’s a color change, supposedly indicating pregnancy, but this method doesn’t actually detect the pregnancy hormone (hCG) that’s essential for legitimate testing. So, unfortunately, the results won’t be dependable. You’re much better off sticking with over-the-counter home pregnancy tests, which are designed specifically to detect hCG. They’re usually effective when used after a missed period, although some can work a bit sooner. If you’re still getting inconsistent or negative results but suspect you’re pregnant due to missed periods or those unusual symptoms like cravings, it could be worth consulting a healthcare provider. They can provide a blood test or ultrasound if needed, which are accurate ways to determine pregnancy in this sort of situation. Also, if the symptoms are markedly different or new, they might warrant further discussion with your doctor. Hormonal imbalances or other health issues can sometimes mimic pregnancy symptoms and should not be ignored. When in doubt, avoid unconventional methods and rely on proven medical resources for clarity.

21816 answered questions
91% best answers
Accepted response

0 replies

This test is a myth and is of no help if the kits are confusing you. It’s better to do a blood test to remove all confusion.

10 answered questions
80% best answers
Accepted response

0 replies
FREE! Ask a Doctor — 24/7,
100% Anonymously

Get expert answers anytime, completely confidential. No sign-up needed.

About our doctors

Only qualified doctors who have confirmed the availability of medical education and other certificates of medical practice consult on our service. You can check the qualification confirmation in the doctor's profile.


Vaginal skin peeling with cuts,itchy skin and burning and have smell
Is my hymen broken after high bidet pressure?
Advice on Stopping Bleeding While Away from Home
Concern About Delayed Period After Taking I-Pill
What to do if my period is delayed and flow is irregular with stomach pain?
What is causing my lower abdominal pain and irregular bleeding after unprotected sex?
I want to postpone my periods which is supposed to come next week.what medicine should I take?
Pregnancy related concern and wanted to be sure
Is everything normal with my 13-week pregnancy measurements like NT, NB, FHR, and CRL?
Period hasnotyet come what should
What to do for severe menstrual pain with nausea and dizziness?
Why my period is delayed for this july month
Concerns About Irregular Periods and Painful White Spots on Nipples
Delay in getting periods from past few months
Is am pregnant ? Please help me
What to do for severe chest pain and brown vomiting with blood clots after giving birth?
What to do if I missed my period after sex and feel very tired at 19?
Can I have surgery while on estradiol for gender transition, or do I need to stop taking it due to blood clot risks?
Concern About Delayed Period and Negative Pregnancy Tests
Is it possible to have a miscarriage if fetal heart rate dropped from 106 to 59 after bleeding at 6 weeks pregnant?
Can I be pregnant with PCOS....................
পিরিয়ড ২ মাস ১৫ দিন বেশি সময় ধরে নেই, পরামর্শ চাই
Concerns About Vaginal Discharge and Discomfort
How to terminate Unwanted pregnancy
Help with Prolonged Menstrual Bleeding
What should I do after a positive pregnancy test and taking emergency contraception without an ultrasound?
Abortion in 11 weeks -18weeks.....
Doubt about periods and pergancy
How to delay my period for a trip on June 3rd?
What to do if I missed my period and found tissue after unprotected sex?