AskDocDoc
/
/
/
Pregnancy related concern and wanted to be sure
FREE!Ask Doctors — 24/7
Connect with Doctors 24/7. Ask anything, get expert help today.
500 doctors ONLINE
#1 Medical Platform
Ask question for free
00H : 33M : 49S
background image
Click Here
background image
Gynecology & Pregnancy Care
Question #13394
350 days ago
589

Pregnancy related concern and wanted to be sure

Simran

I had sexual intercourse on 15th October which did not included pentration but rubbing of genitals was there It was 8th day of my period. I was worried so I took I pill on 17th October morning and today I am having little bleeding is there anything to worry about or should I take any medicines. My periods are due on 7th November. Please advise

FREE
Question is closed
FREE! Ask a Doctor — 24/7,
100% Anonymously
Get expert answers anytime, completely confidential.
No sign-up needed.
CTA image asteriksCTA image

Doctors' responses

The light bleeding you’re having a few days after taking I-Pill is a common side effect. This is called “withdrawal bleeding” or hormonal spotting.

2117 answered questions
59% best answers
Accepted response

0 replies

Hello dear See after careful evaluation it seems it is just a normal hormonal alterations There are very less chances of pregnancy since there was neither ejaculation of sperms nor any penetrations. Also,a common side effect of i pill is bleeding in small amount which is not any serious issue However still for one percent doubt ,get pregnancy strip test blood HCG for confirmation and share the result with gynecologist in person for better clarification Regards

3585 answered questions
70% best answers
Accepted response

0 replies

Based on what you’ve described, it seems like you engaged in genital rubbing without penetration around the 8th day of your menstrual cycle. Generally, the risk of pregnancy from non-penetrative sexual activity is low, although not impossible if ejaculation occurs near the vaginal opening. You took an emergency contraceptive pill (often called “I-pill”) on the morning of October 17th. These pills can be quite effective when taken within this timeframe, but they also often cause side effects like irregular bleeding, spotting, or changes in your next period’s timing. The bleeding you’re experiencing now is likely a side effect of the pill. It’s pretty common to have some breakthrough bleeding or spotting after taking emergency contraception, though. This type of bleeding is usually not a cause for concern and should settle down on its own. However, emergency contraceptives can also affect when your next period arrives, so it may come earlier or later than expected. At this point, you don’t need to take any additional medications for the bleeding unless it becomes extremely heavy or you’re soaking through more than a pad an hour for several hours—in which case it would be prudent to seek medical advice. Monitor your condition, and if there are signs of severe side effects or if your period is significantly delayed beyond a week, it would be wise to take a home pregnancy test or consult with a healthcare professional. Keep an eye on any additional symptoms that might indicate other underlying issues. Remember, using a regular contraceptive method can help manage similar concerns in the future.

21816 answered questions
91% best answers
Accepted response

0 replies

Hello Simran As you have told that there were not penetration by your partner so chances of pregnancy is less. And as of you are asking about bleeding after taking pill is due to hormonal disturbance so nothing to worry about it. Mostly period will come on its due date or may be day earlier or later … But if you face any other issue , I recommend you to do some following tests - Urine pregnancy test to get 💯 sure about it .
For any other queries you can take personal consultation too .

Thank you

1361 answered questions
45% best answers

0 replies

Hello,

Pregnancy chances are none or less.

And the bleeding is only WITHDRAWAL BLEEDING , which is a side effect of IPill.

Don’t worry.

1986 answered questions
57% best answers

0 replies

This is most probably withdrawal bleeding. If it doesn’t progress to period like bleeding better to get a serum beta HCG done.

10 answered questions
80% best answers

0 replies
FREE! Ask a Doctor — 24/7,
100% Anonymously

Get expert answers anytime, completely confidential. No sign-up needed.

About our doctors

Only qualified doctors who have confirmed the availability of medical education and other certificates of medical practice consult on our service. You can check the qualification confirmation in the doctor's profile.


Vaginal skin peeling with cuts,itchy skin and burning and have smell
Is my hymen broken after high bidet pressure?
Advice on Stopping Bleeding While Away from Home
Concerns About Irregular Periods and Weight Gain
Concern About Delayed Period After Taking I-Pill
What to do if my period is delayed and flow is irregular with stomach pain?
What is causing my lower abdominal pain and irregular bleeding after unprotected sex?
What are the reasons for missing my period for a month after a negative pregnancy test?
Period hasnotyet come what should
What to do for severe menstrual pain with nausea and dizziness?
Concerns About Irregular Periods and Painful White Spots on Nipples
Why my period is delayed for this july month
Delay in getting periods from past few months
Is am pregnant ? Please help me
Please help me i am suffering and I am afraid
What to do for severe chest pain and brown vomiting with blood clots after giving birth?
What to do if I missed my period after sex and feel very tired at 19?
Can I have surgery while on estradiol for gender transition, or do I need to stop taking it due to blood clot risks?
Concern About Delayed Period and Negative Pregnancy Tests
Is it possible to have a miscarriage if fetal heart rate dropped from 106 to 59 after bleeding at 6 weeks pregnant?
Can I be pregnant with PCOS....................
How to terminate Unwanted pregnancy
What should I do after a positive pregnancy test and taking emergency contraception without an ultrasound?
Abortion in 11 weeks -18weeks.....
Doubt about periods and pergancy
How to delay my period for a trip on June 3rd?
What to do if I missed my period and found tissue after unprotected sex?
What could cause my period to start 10 days early with brown discharge and feelings of depression at 21 years old?
how can i check my pregnancy naturally at home?
What are the safe abortion options and process at 5-6 weeks of pregnancy?