AskDocDoc
FREE!Ask Doctors — 24/7
Connect with Doctors 24/7. Ask anything, get expert help today.
500 doctors ONLINE
#1 Medical Platform
Ask question for free
00H : 27M : 46S
background image
Click Here
background image
Lung & Breathing Conditions
Question #15910
314 days ago
392

asthma konsi bimari hai

Janvi

I am really confused and worried about something that's been bothering me a lot. My cousin has been dealing with breathing issues for a while. He coughs a lot, especially when he’s exercising or when the weather changes. He went to a doctor and they mentioned asthma, but I don't really understand what asthma konsi bimari hai exactly. Like, I get that it has to do with the airways and all that, but why does it happen? Sometimes it feels like he has to carry around an inhaler all the time! What is the long-term effect of asthma konsi bimari hai? Is it something that can just go away? Or is it gonna stick with him forever? I hear different things from people – some say it's just allergies and others act like it’s super serious. He is only 16, so is that typical for someone his age? I've read that it can be triggered by environmental factors, so should he avoid pets, dust, or even certain weather? I just really want to help but I feel lost in all the details. Can anyone explain asthma konsi bimari hai in a simple way? Thank you!

FREE
Question is closed
FREE! Ask a Doctor — 24/7,
100% Anonymously
Get expert answers anytime, completely confidential.
No sign-up needed.
CTA image asteriksCTA image

Doctors' responses

Asthma is a chronic condition that affects the airways in the lungs, often causing them to become inflamed and narrowed, which makes it tough to breathe. This happens due to a combination of genetic factors and environmental triggers. When your cousin experiences coughing or breathlessness, it’s usually because his airways are reacting to such triggers. Exercise and weather changes are common triggers for asthma symptoms, which is why he might notice his symptoms more in these situations. It’s normal for your cousin to carry an inhaler, as these are typically prescribed to provide quick relief by expanding the airways. Asthma can be managed with medications and by avoiding known triggers, but it doesn’t usually “go away”, especially if he had it since a young age. Fortunately, many individuals find their symptoms become less severe as they get older. Asthma in teenagers, like your cousin, is pretty common, as the symptoms often manifest in childhood or adolescence. Long-term, uncontrolled asthma can lead to more frequent and severe symptoms, potentially affecting his daily activities and quality of life. Avoiding known triggers such as smoke, dust, pet dander, and even cold air is vital. Your cousin should work with his doctor to identify his specific triggers and develop an action plan to manage them. This might include daily medications like inhaled corticosteroids to keep inflammation in check. While asthma is indeed a serious condition, it can generally be controlled effectively with the right approach, allowing individuals to have a full and active life. It’s great you’re looking out for him, and helping him understand his condition better can make a big difference in his management of it.

21706 answered questions
91% best answers
Accepted response

0 replies
FREE! Ask a Doctor — 24/7,
100% Anonymously

Get expert answers anytime, completely confidential. No sign-up needed.

About our doctors

Only qualified doctors who have confirmed the availability of medical education and other certificates of medical practice consult on our service. You can check the qualification confirmation in the doctor's profile.


Hello, I noticed light, bright red blood with bowel movements. It came for two days, disappeared for three days, and now returned.
How can I get rid of breathing trouble?
Advice for Managing Persistent Shortness of Breath
Heavy feeling in chest and difficulty breathing after eating
What to do for sudden feelings of suffocation when angry or crying?
Sharp Pain in Right Chest When Coughing
What should I do if I have trouble breathing and a heavy head after getting punched in the face?
Chest Tightness and Breathing Difficulties
What to do if I have breathing problems and chest pain before and after eating?
Asthma problems 40 year old woman
Experiencing Shortness of Breath and Coughing Up Blood
Breathing Difficulties After Substance Use
Experiencing Breathing Issues and Coughing Up Blood
What causes tightness in the chest and shortness of breath when climbing stairs?
كيف اعرف أن الوجع خطيرومحتاج دكتور
What to do for persistent breathing problems and cough after using Symbicort for 4 years?
Do I have asthma because spirometry done
Ik heb constant de behoefte om te hoesten, wat kan ik doen?
What to do if I'm experiencing heavy breathing, nausea while eating, and dizziness when not lying down?
What to do for my 7-year-old daughter who has a persistent cough that worsens with activity?
What should I do if I've been feeling weird and experiencing breathing issues after climbing?
how to use adulsa leaves for cough
what is the best over the counter medicine for copd
problem in breathing reasons
causes of lung infection
lung infection causes
can we smoke cigarettes in cough
pulmonary rehabilitation
asthma copd difference
copd cause