AskDocDoc
FREE!Ask Doctors — 24/7
Connect with Doctors 24/7. Ask anything, get expert help today.
500 doctors ONLINE
#1 Medical Platform
Ask question for free
00H : 13M : 25S
background image
Click Here
background image
Pediatric Medicine
Question #27156
212 days ago
505

anu my baby

Pihu

I am really worried about my little one. Anu my baby is just 9 months old, and it seems like she keeps having these weird reactions. A few weeks ago, I noticed a rash on her arm after I gave her a new kind of baby food, and then her tummy started acting up too. I took her to the pediatrician, and they said it might just be a mild reaction to something in the food, but now I’m not so sure. Last night, she was up crying and had this fever, and I gave her some infant Tylenol, but I still feel like something's not right. Anu my baby is usually so cheerful and playful, but she’s been fussy and not eating much lately. I honestly don’t know what to do. Should I be changing her diet or should I be worried about something more serious? I’m just a bit lost ‘cause every time I try to look it up online, I can’t get clear answers. It makes me feel helpless to see Anu my baby in discomfort. Anyone else experience something like this? What’s going on with babies and food allergies or sensitivities? Is this common? What should I be looking out for as her mom?

FREE
Question is closed
FREE! Ask a Doctor — 24/7,
100% Anonymously
Get expert answers anytime, completely confidential.
No sign-up needed.
CTA image asteriksCTA image

Doctors' responses

It sounds like Anu might be experiencing an allergic reaction or food sensitivity, which can be fairly common among infants. What you are observing, such as rashes and gastrointestinal symptoms like tummy issues, are typical signs of a potential allergy. A fever, on the other hand, is not usually associated with food reactions, so it’s important to look into underlying causes for her recent fever and fussiness. Since she’s been fussy and not eating, it might be a sign of discomfort or pain, which should definitely be evaluated by a healthcare professional, particularly if these symptoms persist. Infants tend to exhibit allergies more frequently with foods such as dairy, eggs, nuts, and certain fruits or vegetables. Consider keeping a food diary to track what Anu consumes and any corresponding reactions. That might help identify the culprit causing these symptoms. If you suspect a specific food, withholding it from her diet can help, but be sure to discuss this with a pediatrician to ensure she’s receiving adequate nutrition. Ensure that all new foods are introduced one at a time, every few days, so you can easily spot triggers. As for the fever, if Anu’s temperature is high or persisting, she should see a pediatrician to rule out infections or other illnesses. Immediate attention is crucial if she shows any signs of respiratory distress, severe lethargy or dehydration, which tends to be more serious. Since you’re feeling unsure, a visit to your pediatrician or an allergist could provide more personalized guidance and possibly lead to testing for allergies or sensitivities—this can provide concrete information rather than leaving you guessing. It’s understandable to feel lost with inconsistent information online, which is why professional advice is invaluable in these scenarios.

21727 answered questions
91% best answers
Accepted response

0 replies
FREE! Ask a Doctor — 24/7,
100% Anonymously

Get expert answers anytime, completely confidential. No sign-up needed.

About our doctors

Only qualified doctors who have confirmed the availability of medical education and other certificates of medical practice consult on our service. You can check the qualification confirmation in the doctor's profile.


What should I do if my 2-year-old daughter only says a few words but understands normally?
What to do for my 2.5-year-old child who has hard stools and cries during bowel movements?
What are the possible causes and treatments for my child's involuntary stool leakage and difficulty controlling bowel movements?
Can I cetrizine hydrochloride, prednisolone and Amoxicillin to a 12 year old?
What to do if my baby has itchy skin and rashes after eating liver?
What is the seriousness of my 10-year-old daughter's kidney condition with spina bifida and hydronephrosis?
Is it normal for my 12-year-old daughter to have tissue hanging out in her private area without pain or discharge?
What should I know about my 10-year-old daughter's kidney condition and teratoma found in her MRI?
Understanding My Child's Blood Test Results and Ongoing Fever
My cough makes my head hurt like it’s pressure
Why is my 17-year-old son still bedwetting and how can I cure it forever?
What to do when my baby has a persistent cough and cold?
Posterior closes time and head circumference
What to do for my 2-year-old nephew with hydrocele, pain, swelling, and fever for 3-4 days?
How much Vitamin D3 syrup should I give my newborn baby daily?
What is this tissue hanging out in my 12-year-old daughter's private area and is it normal?
Is it normal for my 12-year-old daughter to have tissue hanging out with no pain or discharge?
How to treat swelling and redness on my child's penis with pain?
Is it normal for my 50-day-old baby to go 8 days without a bowel movement while exclusively breastfed?
What to do if my 2-year-old weighs only 35 kg and isn't gaining weight with limited meals?
cuddles and care
Why Is My Baby's Poop Green With Blood?
My son has pfapa and epilepsy
what is the cause of viral fever
loose motion and vomiting home remedies
foreskin disorders
best medicine for child loose motion
is mosambi good for cough
6 month baby loose motion home remedies
pneumonia treatment for baby