AskDocDoc
/
/
/
Abortion in 11 weeks -18weeks.....
FREE!Ask Doctors — 24/7
Connect with Doctors 24/7. Ask anything, get expert help today.
500 doctors ONLINE
#1 Medical Platform
Ask question for free
00H : 55M : 28S
background image
Click Here
background image
Gynecology & Pregnancy Care
Question #11497
1 year ago
462

Abortion in 11 weeks -18weeks.....

Sakshi

i am 12 weeks pregnant now Having 2 kids earlier with normal delivery Till which week i can freely abort child Without any restrictions Will it be done with medicine or surgery.........................

Age: 34
Chronic illnesses: No
FREE
Question is closed
FREE! Ask a Doctor — 24/7,
100% Anonymously
Get expert answers anytime, completely confidential.
No sign-up needed.
CTA image asteriksCTA image

Doctors' responses

In India, abortion is legally allowed up to 20 weeks of pregnancy under the Medical Termination of Pregnancy (MTP) Act.

Up to 9 weeks, medicines are usually used. After that, especially beyond 12 weeks, surgical methods (D&E / suction evacuation) are generally required.

At 12 weeks, abortion pills alone are not safe or effective it should only be done under gynecologist supervision in a hospital.

As you already have 2 children, the doctor will assess your overall health, ultrasound findings, and decide the safest method.

Please do not attempt self medication consult a registered gynecologist for safe and legal termination.

181 answered questions
57% best answers
Accepted response

0 replies

In general, the options and legal considerations for abortion vary significantly by region and personal circumstances, but I can give you a general overview based on typical medical guidelines. Medically, abortions can be performed through medication or surgical procedures, depending on how far along the pregnancy is. Up to around 10 weeks, medical abortion using medication like mifepristone and misoprostol is often viable. After that point, surgical abortion may be required. By 12 weeks, medical options are still sometimes considered, but many places often recommend surgical procedures such as dilation and curettage (D&C) or aspiration for later first-trimester abortions. As you approach the end of the first trimester and into the second, the situation becomes more complex. After roughly 12 weeks—though it can vary—many healthcare systems start to limit elective abortion unless there’s a medical necessity. By 18 weeks, surgical methods such as dilation and evacuation (D&E) become the common approach. It’s crucial for you to discuss with a qualified healthcare provider who can offer guidance based on your unique medical history, the laws in your area, and your personal needs. Keep in mind that the safety and accessibility of different methods also depend on factors like your health and any previous medical conditions. To ensure the best decision and optimal care, make sure you have an updated consultation with your doctor to explore all available options safely.

21714 answered questions
91% best answers

0 replies
FREE! Ask a Doctor — 24/7,
100% Anonymously

Get expert answers anytime, completely confidential. No sign-up needed.

About our doctors

Only qualified doctors who have confirmed the availability of medical education and other certificates of medical practice consult on our service. You can check the qualification confirmation in the doctor's profile.


My periods are delayed by 14 days
Sperm made contact with the vagina
Baby conceiving problem after2 years
What to do if my period is late after having sex and pregnancy tests are negative?
About I'm pregnant or not confirming
Why does my stomach hurt daily after my period started on the 1st instead of the 10th?
I am pregnant or not getting confused
Concern About Delayed Period with PCOD
Should I take Primolut-N for my delayed period?
Sharp Stomach pain with heavy spotting
Can we stop our period 1-2 day early
What should I do if my vagina is very sensitive and I have heavy white discharge after sex?
What to do if I'm 6 weeks pregnant and experiencing bright red bleeding and passing clots?
How to ensure that i am pregnant
How to identify the exact reason of missing periods
what does this pregnancy urin test shows
Concerns About Misoprostol Use and Pregnancy Status
My period is going on for more than 1 months.
Pergancy happen through clothes
Recovery Timeline After Home Abortion with Pills
Period Delay After Taking I-Pill
Is having slight bleeding normal?
What to do if I missed my period after sex and feel very tired at 19?
How to get rid of vaginal itching
can i opt for uterine fibroid embolization
Is it normalif periods blood flow reduces with time
What causes spotting after vaginal insertion if I'm not experiencing any irritation?
I don’t know if I am pregnant or not
What is this movable ball-like lump in my left buttock after an ovarian cyst?
What does it mean if my period is late and I have brown discharge and back pain?