AskDocDoc
/
/
/
PCOD in Early Pregnancy: Myo‑D‑Chiro Inositol and Progesterone Guidance
FREE!Ask Doctors — 24/7
Connect with Doctors 24/7. Ask anything, get expert help today.
500 doctors ONLINE
#1 Medical Platform
Ask question for free
00H : 51M : 25S
background image
Click Here
background image
Gynecology & Pregnancy Care
Question #22839
254 days ago
527

PCOD in Early Pregnancy: Myo‑D‑Chiro Inositol and Progesterone Guidance

Ashna

Hi Doctor, I have PCOD and have been taking myo‑D‑chiro inositol for the past 5 months and letrozole for 4 cycles. I just found out I’m pregnant and I’m currently 5 weeks along. I have a couple of questions: Should I continue taking myo‑D‑chiro inositol during pregnancy? Do I need any progesterone supplements in early pregnancy because of my PCOD? Thank you for your guidance.

Gynaecologist
FREE
Question is closed
FREE! Ask a Doctor — 24/7,
100% Anonymously
Get expert answers anytime, completely confidential.
No sign-up needed.
CTA image asteriksCTA image

Doctors' responses

Hello

Congratulations dear

Ok about Myo-D-chiro inositol: Generally safe in early pregnancy Often continued till 10–12 weeks, especially in PCOD, as it may help insulin balance and reduce early miscarriage risk Confirm dose with your doctor, but do not stop suddenly unless advised

Progesterone supplementation PCOD alone does NOT automatically mean you need progesterone

Progesterone is usually given only if: You have spotting/bleeding History of recurrent miscarriage Low progesterone on blood test Conceived with assisted cycles and doctor prefers support

If you have no pain, no bleeding, progesterone may not be required, but many doctors still prescribe it as a precaution in early weeks.

Continue inositol for now Progesterone — doctor decides case-by-case, not mandatory for all PCOD pregnancies

Arrange your first antenatal visit + scan at 6–7 weeks

I trust this helps Take care Stay happy and healthy Thank you !

1986 answered questions
57% best answers
Accepted response

0 replies

Hello dear See progesterone is required for ,10-12 weeks while myo- d- chiro inositol is also required for 5-6 weeks. However 5 month pregnancy is a sensitive condition so i suggest you to please get in person consultation with gynaecologist fir better clarity and safety since there are chances of complications like Dizziness Pain Nausea Also share following tests Transbdombal USG Serum tsh Serum ferritin Serum prolactin Urine analysis Regards

3585 answered questions
70% best answers

0 replies

It’s great that you’re looking into what’s best during your early pregnancy. Regarding continuing myo-D-chiro inositol, it can generally be safe to keep taking it during pregnancy, as it may help with insulin sensitivity and reduce the risk of gestational diabetes—something to keep an eye on when you have PCOD. However, before continuing, it would be smart to double check with your doctor, especially to tailor it to your specific needs and make sure it’s aligning with your prenatal care plan. Now, about progesterone supplements: in women with PCOD, there’s often a consideration for using them in early pregnancy. While not everyone with PCOD needs progesterone support, it’s sometimes recommended to reduce the risk of early miscarriage since PCOD can be associated with lower progesterone levels. Your doctor can help assess if progesterone supplements would be beneficial—or if your levels are stable enough without additional support. Monitoring progesterone can be a good step to ensure everything is on track in these early stages. It’s crucial to have these discussions with your healthcare provider, as they’ll have the full scope of your health profile and pregnancy course to offer personalized advice. Regular follow-ups and early prenatal care visits are important to address any potential issues early on. Keep an eye out for any symptoms like spotting or heavy cramping, and make sure to inform your doctor if they occur.

21816 answered questions
91% best answers

0 replies
FREE! Ask a Doctor — 24/7,
100% Anonymously

Get expert answers anytime, completely confidential. No sign-up needed.

About our doctors

Only qualified doctors who have confirmed the availability of medical education and other certificates of medical practice consult on our service. You can check the qualification confirmation in the doctor's profile.


Vaginal skin peeling with cuts,itchy skin and burning and have smell
Is my hymen broken after high bidet pressure?
Concerns About Missed Period and Symptoms
What to do if my period is delayed and flow is irregular with stomach pain?
I want to postpone my periods which is supposed to come next week.what medicine should I take?
Pregnancy related concern and wanted to be sure
what does this pregnancy urin test shows
Period hasnotyet come what should
What to do for severe menstrual pain with nausea and dizziness?
Why my period is delayed for this july month
Concerns About Irregular Periods and Painful White Spots on Nipples
Delay in getting periods from past few months
What to do for severe chest pain and brown vomiting with blood clots after giving birth?
What to do if I missed my period after sex and feel very tired at 19?
I'm suffering from vaginal itching and white discharge
Concern About Delayed Period and Negative Pregnancy Tests
Is it possible to have a miscarriage if fetal heart rate dropped from 106 to 59 after bleeding at 6 weeks pregnant?
Can I be pregnant with PCOS....................
Concerns About Vaginal Discharge and Discomfort
Abortion in 11 weeks -18weeks.....
Doubt about periods and pergancy
How to delay my period for a trip on June 3rd?
What to do if I missed my period and found tissue after unprotected sex?
What are the safe abortion options and process at 5-6 weeks of pregnancy?
how can i check my pregnancy naturally at home?
What could cause my period to start 10 days early with brown discharge and feelings of depression at 21 years old?
Periods ane ke baad bhi pregnency control ( pregaend medicine) kha li h kya dikkat ho skti h
What to do if my periods are irregular and I've had spotting for months at 18 years old?
What Is Hormonal Bleeding?
menstrual cup stem hurts