AskDocDoc
/
/
/
does masturbation stop height growth
FREE!Ask Doctors — 24/7
Connect with Doctors 24/7. Ask anything, get expert help today.
500 doctors ONLINE
#1 Medical Platform
Ask question for free
00H : 30M : 43S
background image
Click Here
background image
General Health
Question #24958
231 days ago
456

does masturbation stop height growth

Yash

I am really curious about something that's been bugging me lately. So, I'm 16, and I've been doing some reading on puberty stuff, you know? And I keep coming across this idea that masturbation might somehow affect your height. Like, does masturbation stop height growth? My friends say it can mess with growth hormones or something, but I’m not even sure that’s a real thing. I mean, I’m already on the shorter side, which isn’t great, and I just want to make sure I’m doing everything right to grow. Sometimes, I just feel anxious thinking if I’m doing something wrong. I started noticing some things like slight pain in my knees after working out, and it makes me think maybe it’s linked to this whole height growth thing. Like, does masturbation stop height growth really? Or is that just a myth that teens spread? My weight's been okay, I've been eating fine, but hearing people say that they think masturbation could affect my height growth kind of freaks me out. I wanna be sure that if I’m still growing, I’m doing things right, you know? Does masturbation stop height growth, or do I not have to worry about it?

FREE
Question is closed
FREE! Ask a Doctor — 24/7,
100% Anonymously
Get expert answers anytime, completely confidential.
No sign-up needed.
CTA image asteriksCTA image

Doctors' responses

There’s no evidence to suggest that masturbation has any effect on your height or growth. It’s a common myth that has been floating around, often due to misconceptions about how adolescence and growth work. Masturbation doesn’t interfere with your growth hormones and won’t stop or slow down your height growth. During puberty, your body is undergoing a lot of changes due to the hormones being released, responsible for growth spurts, development of secondary sexual characteristics, and more. Your height is primarily determined by genetics, nutrition, and overall health. Ensuring that you have a balanced diet, regular physical activity, and adequate sleep are key factors in achieving your genetic height potential. As for the pain in your knees after working out, that’s more likely to be due to physical exertion rather than anything related to masturbation. Make sure you’re warming up properly before exercise and giving your muscles time to recover afterwards. If the pain persists or worsens, it could be a good idea to talk to a health professional to rule out any other issues like strain or injury. Remember, puberty can continue until your late teens, so there’s still plenty of time for growth. If you’re concerned about your development or any other aspects of your health, consider reaching out to a trusted healthcare provider who can give you advice specific to your situation.

21745 answered questions
91% best answers
Accepted response

0 replies
FREE! Ask a Doctor — 24/7,
100% Anonymously

Get expert answers anytime, completely confidential. No sign-up needed.

About our doctors

Only qualified doctors who have confirmed the availability of medical education and other certificates of medical practice consult on our service. You can check the qualification confirmation in the doctor's profile.


Dog vaccine related issues regarding symptoms
Pain in Hands and Legs with Dizziness
What are the best dietary tips for managing kidney stones, fatty liver, and high blood sugar?
How to treat swelling, redness, and pain in my leg?
What should i do to reduce all of this symptoms
What is the theory behind allopathic medicine and how does it work?
What to do for neck pain that radiates to the right arm and causes dizziness and nausea?
How to make the pain more manageable?
What does a bilirubin total of 1.27 and unconjugated bilirubin of 0.65 mean in my liver function test?
What to do if my vaccinated cat scratched me and I washed it multiple times with no signs of infection?
What treatment can I take for abnominal pain, fever and chills that seem sex related
Painful hunger panés, what couleur be causing thème ? Thanks
How to reduce inflammation on right feet and knee? X-ray and blood-works done but no diagnosis.
Physical and psychological distress
Comment réduire la douleur dans la tête mon pénis( vibrations)
How to reduce Palpitations body aches numbness cramps
What to do for bloody hemorrhoids that have been painful for 3 weeks?
Post menopausal spotting after 12 months of last period.
Cómo tratar estos síntomas o controlarlos
What to do for insulin resistance and high prolactin levels in a 30-year-old woman with a family history of diabetes?
Cholestrol or pero ghav m se pani ana ghav khade nhi bhare jate h
how to use copper water bottle
Benadryl & Muscle Relaxer Interaction classification
How to recover from the effects of metformin after stopping it for 7 months?
why does it feel like something is stuck in my throat
how to use giloy stem
piles symptoms male
acid burn treatment at home
Do I Need Rabies Vaccine For Dog Nail Scratch?
kovai health center