AskDocDoc
/
/
/
How to conceive twins with clomifene
FREE!Ask Doctors — 24/7
Connect with Doctors 24/7. Ask anything, get expert help today.
500 doctors ONLINE
#1 Medical Platform
Ask question for free
00H : 48M : 36S
background image
Click Here
background image
Fertility & Reproductive Support
Question #10466
1 year ago
667

How to conceive twins with clomifene

Darlene

It’s the 7th day of my cycle and am starting to take clomifene so I can conceive twins, can I take two tablets a day for the next 5 days instead of one to increase my chances of twins but also considering that I’ve started on the 7th day not the 5th?

FREE
Question is closed
FREE! Ask a Doctor — 24/7,
100% Anonymously
Get expert answers anytime, completely confidential.
No sign-up needed.
CTA image asteriksCTA image

Doctors' responses

Not advisable to take it without doctor’s consent. There are many complications

2117 answered questions
59% best answers
Accepted response

0 replies

Taking clomifene to conceive twins is a common question, but it’s important to be cautious and follow your doctor’s instructions. Clomifene is typically prescribed to stimulate ovulation, and higher doses may increase your chances of having twins, but this also raises the risk of potential side effects and complications such as ovarian hyperstimulation syndrome (OHSS) or multiple pregnancies beyond twins. It’s generally recommended to start clomifene on the 5th day of your cycle, and most often, the prescribed dose is one tablet per day. Starting on the 7th day and deciding to increase the dosage to two tablets without medical oversight isn’t advisable. The effects of starting clomifene late or at a higher dose than recommended can vary and potentially decrease its effectiveness or increase risks. If you’re considering altering the dose, I advise discussing this with your healthcare provider first. They can provide personalized guidance considering your overall health and reproductive goals. Safety should be your top priority. Also, it’s worth noting that while clomifene can increase the likelihood of twins slightly due to the release of more than one egg, there’s no guaranteed method to conceive twins, and individual responses to medication can vary. It’s essential to adhere to a treatment plan tailored to your situation to ensure the best outcomes both for your health and potential pregnancy.

21833 answered questions
91% best answers

0 replies
FREE! Ask a Doctor — 24/7,
100% Anonymously

Get expert answers anytime, completely confidential. No sign-up needed.

About our doctors

Only qualified doctors who have confirmed the availability of medical education and other certificates of medical practice consult on our service. You can check the qualification confirmation in the doctor's profile.


Vaginally odor for over a year with unusual discharge and itchiness sometimes
Why does my nipples stops hurting
Is my normal morphology okay also motility is also around 35
How to get periods early or on time
Issue related to pregnancy and concerned
Struggling to Conceive After 11 Months With PCOS Despite Letrozole Treatment
How to interpret my pregnancy test results?
Will a beta HCG test 10 days after intercourse show a definite result?
Can I get pregnant without penetration if there was contact through clothes?
What to do for healthy egg rupture and a strong uterine wall to help with conception?
Am I pregnant after stopping birth control?
Am I pregnant? Understanding my symptoms and next steps
How do I know if my period cramps should be something I need to worry about!
Missed Period After Intercourse and Masturbation
What to do if I'm worried about conceiving after hearing about Naadi Dosh from a Pandit?
Can I get my partner pregnant if I ejaculated on the skin of my penis before her period?
How to increase the mortality and morphology
How to overcome from pme and tight foreskin issue
How to stop periods and get them on time
How to increase sex time and size of th penis
Baby conceive problem h pls btaye
Periods irregular and missed from 2-3 months
Peritubal adhesions and infertility
What should I do after a missed period and a negative pregnancy test?
Concerns About Missed Period After Intercourse
Fertilty trying to concive bt not able to
Mere right side stomach k below pain kyu hai
In period the blood flow is less
avoiding pregnancy home remedies
15week pragnacyko kaise khtm kre?