AskDocDoc
/
/
/
Pregnancy related issue and concern
FREE!Ask Doctors — 24/7
Connect with Doctors 24/7. Ask anything, get expert help today.
500 doctors ONLINE
#1 Medical Platform
Ask question for free
00H : 27M : 06S
background image
Click Here
background image
Gynecology & Pregnancy Care
Question #13413
350 days ago
653

Pregnancy related issue and concern

Simran

I had already asked a question and in relation to that just wanted to ask what if I need a pad for soaking the bleeding I am having after taking I pill is there anything to worry about and till how many days will this bleeding go on and does this means there is no pregnancy

FREE
Question is closed
FREE! Ask a Doctor — 24/7,
100% Anonymously
Get expert answers anytime, completely confidential.
No sign-up needed.
CTA image asteriksCTA image

Doctors' responses

The bleeding usually is like a moderately heavy period. If it’s heavier requiring more than 4-5 pads per day or lasts for more than 14 days, you need to consult a doctor. A proper bleed indicates no pregnancy if it’s only spotting then there’s still chance.

10 answered questions
80% best answers
Accepted response

0 replies

Hello dear See after careful evaluation it seems it is just a normal hormonal alterations please find attached response to your questions Since there was no ejaculation or physical contact,so no chances of pregnancy. However 1 percent chances could be there of doubt so for that already mentioned get pregnancy strip test blood HCG done after 5-7 days Yes you need pad because the i pill contains an ingredient which induces bleeding which can last for 3-4 days maximum In case after 3-4 days still bleeding continue,then you need to consult gynaecologist in person for better clarity Hopefully you recover soon Regards

3585 answered questions
70% best answers

6 replies
Simran
Client
350 days ago

Can I consider this as a normal period or is it just withdrawal bleeding

Hello dear No it seems withdrawal bleeding due to i pill medication Regards

3585 answered questions
70% best answers
Simran
Client
350 days ago

Do I need to consult a gynaecologist now or should I wait for 3 days

Hello dear No wait for 3-4 days Then consult if no improvement is there Thanks

3585 answered questions
70% best answers
Simran
Client
350 days ago

Okay just wanted to know is there anything to worry about

Hello dear No right now no tensions.

Thanks

3585 answered questions
70% best answers
Accepted response

Hello,

Light to moderate bleeding that might need a pad is usually not a cause for concern. Bleeding can last anywhere from 2 to 7 days, though it’s sometimes shorter. If the bleeding lasts longer than 7 days or becomes unusually heavy,const a gynaecologist

1986 answered questions
57% best answers

16 replies

That’s completely normal

1986 answered questions
57% best answers

That’s normal and dont worry

1986 answered questions
57% best answers
Simran
Client
350 days ago

So can this be considered a normal period or will I again get my period around 7th November

Yes, you will get your normal period it might just arrive earlier, later, or look a little different this cycle. The flow and duration may differ from your normal pattern.

1986 answered questions
57% best answers
Simran
Client
350 days ago

So there is no chance of pregnancy right? What if I feel vomiting

Vomiting can be a side effect of i pill No chance for pregnancy in your scenario

1986 answered questions
57% best answers
Simran
Client
350 days ago

So this is normal and there is no need for any pregnancy test right?

Since there was no penetration , no chance for pregnancy.

If you are still anxious you can do a test at home but your clinical history doesn’t suggests UPT.

1986 answered questions
57% best answers
Simran
Client
350 days ago

But there was genital rubbing and when I gave blowjob then condom was used and not before that

Genital rubbing without penetration or ejaculation near the vagina =extremely low to no pregnancy risk. Oral sex with a condom = no pregnancy risk at all

So no chance for pregnancy from what you described.

1986 answered questions
57% best answers
Simran
Client
349 days ago

The bleeding I am having right now if it soaks 4 to 5 pads in a day is it normal or is there anything to worry about since today is my 2nd day of bleeding

Simran
Client
349 days ago

Please reply to my above questions

Hello That is moderate bleeding and generally not dangerous as long as you feel well (no dizziness or weakness). Continue monitoring It should gradually reduce over the next 2–3 days. Rest and stay well hydrated. Eat iron-rich foods (spinach,pomegranate, beetroot, jaggery) to prevent weakness

If heavy bleeding continues beyond 7 days, or you feel faint or unwell, please see a gynecologist immediately

Thank you

1986 answered questions
57% best answers
Simran
Client
348 days ago

Okay I will monitor it and what if there is light spotting after 7 days also

it’s also normal to have light spotting or brown discharge for a few extra days that’s just your uterus clearing out the remaining lining. It will reduce gradually If Spotting lasts more than 10–14 days, gets heavier, or comes with symptoms Then consult a gynaecologist please

1986 answered questions
57% best answers
Accepted response
Simran
Client
348 days ago

Right now the bleeding I am having is pure red in colour just like my period but there are other symptoms like slight vomiting feeling and headache and little stomach pain

Hello Simran As I had already told you it’s just withdrawal bleeding which as occurred due to pills . As you know that after taking pills hormonal disturbance takes place and because of that withdrawal bleeding will takes place … As you have already told that you haven’t done any intercourse so nothing to worry about that . Just wait for some days… you will get your normal periods soon near to your date . So nothing to worry as stress also play factor in this . If bleeding continue for some days then you can consider for gynecologist but chances of continuous bleeding is. Very rare . Soo nothing to worry about it …

Thank you

1361 answered questions
45% best answers

4 replies
Simran
Client
350 days ago

Is this a sign that there is no pregnancy

Yes probably it’s the sign which signifies of no pregnancy

1361 answered questions
45% best answers
Simran
Client
350 days ago

Are you sure doctor because I am very worried

Yeah yeah … I am sure… Nothing to worry… relax and be positive.

1361 answered questions
45% best answers

Taking an emergency contraceptive pill, like the I-pill, can often lead to unexpected bleeding, known as withdrawal bleeding, and it’s a common side effect. This can range from light spotting to a heavier bleeding that might require a pad or sanitary napkin. Typically, this bleeding should subside within a few days to a week, but it can vary based on individuals’ menstrual cycle and hormonal balance. If the bleeding continues beyond a week or becomes very heavy or is accompanied by severe pain, it’s important to contact a healthcare provider for further evaluation as it may require attention to rule out other causes like incomplete miscarriages or other gynecological issues. Now, regarding the concern about pregnancy, withdrawal bleeding after taking emergency contraception can be a sign that the medication is effectively working by shedding the uterine lining, thus reducing the chance of pregnancy. However, it’s not an absolute confirmation that pregnancy has been prevented. If you’re concerned about the possibility of being pregnant, it’s advisable to take a pregnancy test about three weeks after the I-pill intake to ensure that it’s results are accurate. Keep in mind that emergency contraception doesn’t guarantee 100% effectiveness. Taking these steps should provide more clarity on your condition.

21816 answered questions
91% best answers

0 replies
FREE! Ask a Doctor — 24/7,
100% Anonymously

Get expert answers anytime, completely confidential. No sign-up needed.

About our doctors

Only qualified doctors who have confirmed the availability of medical education and other certificates of medical practice consult on our service. You can check the qualification confirmation in the doctor's profile.


Vaginal skin peeling with cuts,itchy skin and burning and have smell
Is my hymen broken after high bidet pressure?
Advice on Stopping Bleeding While Away from Home
Concern About Delayed Period After Taking I-Pill
What to do if my period is delayed and flow is irregular with stomach pain?
What is causing my lower abdominal pain and irregular bleeding after unprotected sex?
I want to postpone my periods which is supposed to come next week.what medicine should I take?
Pregnancy related concern and wanted to be sure
Is everything normal with my 13-week pregnancy measurements like NT, NB, FHR, and CRL?
Period hasnotyet come what should
What to do for severe menstrual pain with nausea and dizziness?
Why my period is delayed for this july month
Concerns About Irregular Periods and Painful White Spots on Nipples
Delay in getting periods from past few months
Is am pregnant ? Please help me
What to do for severe chest pain and brown vomiting with blood clots after giving birth?
What to do if I missed my period after sex and feel very tired at 19?
Can I have surgery while on estradiol for gender transition, or do I need to stop taking it due to blood clot risks?
Concern About Delayed Period and Negative Pregnancy Tests
Is it possible to have a miscarriage if fetal heart rate dropped from 106 to 59 after bleeding at 6 weeks pregnant?
Can I be pregnant with PCOS....................
পিরিয়ড ২ মাস ১৫ দিন বেশি সময় ধরে নেই, পরামর্শ চাই
Concerns About Vaginal Discharge and Discomfort
How to terminate Unwanted pregnancy
Help with Prolonged Menstrual Bleeding
What should I do after a positive pregnancy test and taking emergency contraception without an ultrasound?
Abortion in 11 weeks -18weeks.....
Doubt about periods and pergancy
How to delay my period for a trip on June 3rd?
What to do if I missed my period and found tissue after unprotected sex?