AskDocDoc
/
/
/
I don’t know if I am pregnant or not
FREE!Ask Doctors — 24/7
Connect with Doctors 24/7. Ask anything, get expert help today.
500 doctors ONLINE
#1 Medical Platform
Ask question for free
00H : 55M : 11S
background image
Click Here
background image
Gynecology & Pregnancy Care
Question #10814
1 year ago
600

I don’t know if I am pregnant or not

Joni

I had a dry humping experience with my boyfriend on June 18-19. We were both fully clothed (jeans and underwear), and there was no penetration at all. I don’t know if he ejaculated, but everything remained inside the clothes. Since then, I’ve had two normal periods, and my last one started recently. However, I’ve been experiencing some bloating and pressure in my lower abdomen, and I also have a urinary tract infection (UTI), which I believe might be causing some of these symptoms. I feel anxious and scared, even though logically I know pregnancy shouldn’t be possible in my situation. Could the UTI be causing these sensations? Is there any reason to worry about pregnancy? Thank you so much.

$7.5
Question is closed
FREE! Ask a Doctor — 24/7,
100% Anonymously
Get expert answers anytime, completely confidential.
No sign-up needed.
CTA image asteriksCTA image

Doctors' responses

Dry humping through clothes (jeans + underwear for both partners) cannot cause pregnancy. Sperm cannot travel through multiple layers of clothing. You’ve had two normal periods since the encounter this rules out pregnancy definitively. Even if ejaculation happened, with both of you clothed, there’s no direct semen exposure to the vagina, so pregnancy is not possible. You are safe .There is zero percent chances of pregnancy.

RX Antibiotic for UTI (if not yet taken or symptoms persist):

1) Tab. Nitrofurantoin 100 mg SR 1 tablet twice daily after food for 5 days 2) Cap darolac 1 cap twice daily after meal for 5 days 3) Tab meftal spas Max two tablet per day of lower abdomen pain. Please Maintain hydration.

Please visit nearest physician for better assurance. Thank you.

2117 answered questions
59% best answers
Accepted response

5 replies

Stop googling. This occurs only if you had sex and you didn’t know about ejaculation and ended up pregnant.

2117 answered questions
59% best answers

Get urine pregnancy test at home.

2117 answered questions
59% best answers
Joni Kuqi
Client
1 year ago

Does it have any cance of being pregnant ? Why should i get one ?

For your anxiety you can get it done.

Please accept my answer and you can close this question. Thank you. Feel free to ask.

2117 answered questions
59% best answers
Joni Kuqi
Client
1 year ago

What about cryptic pregnancy?

Based on the details you’ve provided, pregnancy is highly unlikely given the circumstances you described. Dry humping with both participants fully clothed poses no risk of pregnancy, as sperm cannot penetrate through layers of fabric, especially with no direct contact. Having had two normal periods following the event further supports this, as menstruation indicates shedlining of the uterine lining, ruling out pregnancy. Your concerns and the symptoms you’re experiencing might be more attributable to the urinary tract infection (UTI) you mentioned. UTIs can certainly cause lower abdominal discomfort, bloating, and a sensation of pressure, as you’ve described. It’s important to ensure that this UTI is adequately treated; untreated UTIs can ascend and lead to more serious kidney infections, which would require timely medical intervention. Consider seeing a healthcare professional if you haven’t already, to get a urine test and appropriate antibiotics. Additionally, staying well-hydrated can help flush the bacteria from your bladder, and using the restroom regularly can assist in lowering UTI symptoms. Over-the-counter pain relief might be helpful as well. While anxiety can often amplify these physical symptoms, there doesn’t appear to be a physiological risk of pregnancy from the encounter you described. However, if your peace of mind is significantly affected, a home pregnancy test might provide some reassurance, although it seems unnecessary in your case. Conclusively, while addressing the UTI is crucial, you can be reassured that the scenario you described presents no risk of pregnancy.

21714 answered questions
91% best answers

0 replies
FREE! Ask a Doctor — 24/7,
100% Anonymously

Get expert answers anytime, completely confidential. No sign-up needed.

About our doctors

Only qualified doctors who have confirmed the availability of medical education and other certificates of medical practice consult on our service. You can check the qualification confirmation in the doctor's profile.


My periods are delayed by 14 days
Sperm made contact with the vagina
Baby conceiving problem after2 years
What to do if my period is late after having sex and pregnancy tests are negative?
About I'm pregnant or not confirming
Why does my stomach hurt daily after my period started on the 1st instead of the 10th?
I am pregnant or not getting confused
Concern About Delayed Period with PCOD
Should I take Primolut-N for my delayed period?
Sharp Stomach pain with heavy spotting
Can we stop our period 1-2 day early
What should I do if my vagina is very sensitive and I have heavy white discharge after sex?
What to do if I'm 6 weeks pregnant and experiencing bright red bleeding and passing clots?
How to ensure that i am pregnant
How to identify the exact reason of missing periods
what does this pregnancy urin test shows
Concerns About Misoprostol Use and Pregnancy Status
My period is going on for more than 1 months.
Pergancy happen through clothes
Recovery Timeline After Home Abortion with Pills
Period Delay After Taking I-Pill
Is having slight bleeding normal?
What to do if I missed my period after sex and feel very tired at 19?
How to get rid of vaginal itching
can i opt for uterine fibroid embolization
Is it normalif periods blood flow reduces with time
What causes spotting after vaginal insertion if I'm not experiencing any irritation?
Abortion in 11 weeks -18weeks.....
What is this movable ball-like lump in my left buttock after an ovarian cyst?
What does it mean if my period is late and I have brown discharge and back pain?