AskDocDoc
/
/
/
can we drink beetroot and carrot juice daily
FREE!Ask Doctors — 24/7
Connect with Doctors 24/7. Ask anything, get expert help today.
500 doctors ONLINE
#1 Medical Platform
Ask question for free
00H : 26M : 27S
background image
Click Here
background image
General Health
Question #23846
242 days ago
478

can we drink beetroot and carrot juice daily

Janvi

I am just wondering if we can drink beetroot and carrot juice daily. Like, I've been trying to be healthier and I read that beetroot and carrot juice is super good for you. I’ve been blending them every morning, and honestly, it's kinda tasty! But last week, my friend said moderation is key, and now I'm like, "am I overdoing it?" I mean, I downed a huge glass of just beetroot and carrot juice yesterday and I felt great, but I also have this nagging doubt. I've read conflicting info online about how drinking too much beetroot can, you know, sometimes cause problems like kidney issues or something with oxalates?? Plus, I might have read that too much carrot juice can mess with your skin color too. Is that all true? Are there any risks to drinking beetroot and carrot juice daily? Should I be mixing it with other stuff too? I really want to stick with this as part of my routine, but is it smart to be doing it every day? Maybe I should listen to my friend and cut back? Just looking for some solid advice here. Can we drink beetroot and carrot juice daily without worrying too much? Thanks a million!

FREE
Question is closed
FREE! Ask a Doctor — 24/7,
100% Anonymously
Get expert answers anytime, completely confidential.
No sign-up needed.
CTA image asteriksCTA image

Doctors' responses

Drinking beetroot and carrot juice daily can be a healthy addition to your diet, but moderation is indeed wise. Both beetroot and carrot juices are rich in vitamins and minerals. Beetroot is known for its nitrate content, which can improve blood flow and lower blood pressure, while carrots are high in beta-carotene, an antioxidant that your body uses to make vitamin A. The vibrant nutrients have numerous potential health benefits. However, there are risks in consuming them in excess. Beetroot has oxalates, which can contribute to kidney stone formation especially if you are prone to them or have a history of kidney issues. A large intake of carrot juice, which has a high amount of beta-carotene, can cause carotenemia, a condition where your skin takes on a yellowish color. Though it isn’t harmful, it can be quite alarming when it occurs. To avoid these issues, you might consider alternating beetroot and carrot juices with other kinds of juices or smoothies to provide variety and additional nutrients. Adding some leafy greens, berries, or citrus fruits can balance the juice both nutritionally and taste-wise. Also, watch the portion size – a small glass per day is likely a better approach than large servings. Monitor how your body responds and if any unusual symptoms develop, it would be prudent to adjust the consumption further or check in with a healthcare provider for personalized advice. Make sure your hydration and overall diet are well-rounded too. This approach adheres to maintaining a balanced nutrient intake without risking potential downsides associated with excessive consumption of any single food source.

21777 answered questions
91% best answers
Accepted response

0 replies
FREE! Ask a Doctor — 24/7,
100% Anonymously

Get expert answers anytime, completely confidential. No sign-up needed.

About our doctors

Only qualified doctors who have confirmed the availability of medical education and other certificates of medical practice consult on our service. You can check the qualification confirmation in the doctor's profile.


Dog vaccine related issues regarding symptoms
Brucellosis genital discharge urine problems
How to treat swelling, redness, and pain in my leg?
”How to get my regular menstrual cycle back”
My stomache hurts very bad. Sometimes I feel pukish and unable to eat
What to do for body pain, vomiting, and nosebleeds with weakness and dizziness?
I think I have an a issue with my anus andIdont know what to do
What is the best anti-aging medication based on evidence?
Constipation , sickness, back pain
I need help thank you very much
Comment réduire les sensations dans mon sex
Experiencing Dizziness and Hand Pain with Irregular Periods
Could my intense hunger and fatigue be related to my recent weight loss?
Post menopausal spotting after 12 months of last period.
What tests should I undergo for anemia-like symptoms, fatigue, and muscle twitches at 18 years old?
Do I need rabies vaccination after being scratched by a vaccinated dog?
What to do for weakness and shaking hands in a 16-year-old with occasional shortness of breath?
What multivitamins can help with cervical pain, neck pain, and headaches for a 33-year-old who works on a computer?
Cholestrol or pero ghav m se pani ana ghav khade nhi bhare jate h
What is E.O.L and what symptoms should I expect as the patient is in this stage?
Como dejar de ahogarme seguidamente creo que es con mi saliva
What can I do to fix a dent on my nose after being hit by a cricket ball 50 days ago?
Latring me blade aanaDardKrna hamesa krte
is cylindrical power harmful
symptoms for viral fever
which juice is best for energy
homemade collagen drink
ear fungus infection treatment
Which vitamin helps liver health?
covishield side effects on heart