AskDocDoc
/
/
/
how to remove nasal polyps yourself
FREE!Ask Doctors — 24/7
Connect with Doctors 24/7. Ask anything, get expert help today.
500 doctors ONLINE
#1 Medical Platform
Ask question for free
00H : 26M : 18S
background image
Click Here
background image
General Health
Question #25376
236 days ago
499

how to remove nasal polyps yourself

Anya

I am dealing with these annoying nasal polyps for what feels like forever. I mean, at first, I thought it was just allergies acting up, but then I realize there were these growths or something in my nose, and they really make breathing uncomfortable. I’ve tried all the usual stuff—nasal sprays, rinsing with saline, and even antihistamines but nothing’s really seemed to help for long. I’ve heard about how to remove nasal polyps yourself but honestly, I’m nervous about that. Like, is it even safe to try to do that at home? I mean, I’ve read some stories online from people who’ve attempted how to remove nasal polyps yourself and some were successful but others? Not so much, and that freaks me out a bit. I don’t wanna end up making it worse! Has anyone here actually managed to figure out how to remove nasal polyps yourself, and if so, what did you do? I’m kinda desperate for relief, and the thought of surgery is terrifying. Is there even any home remedy or something I can try without getting too risky? Anyway, any help would be super appreciated because honestly, I want to breathe easy again!

FREE
Question is closed
FREE! Ask a Doctor — 24/7,
100% Anonymously
Get expert answers anytime, completely confidential.
No sign-up needed.
CTA image asteriksCTA image

Doctors' responses

It really sounds like those nasal polyps are causing a lot of frustration, and I can understand wanting to explore all options. Removing nasal polyps yourself at home is not safe or recommended. These are growths from swollen nasal tissue due to inflammation, and trying to remove them without medical supervision could lead to complications like infections, bleeding, or even damage to surrounding structures. Instead, let’s explore safer approaches to manage them while minimizing discomfort. You’re already familiar with some treatments like nasal corticosteroid sprays, which can help reduce inflammation over time. Continuously using these as prescribed by a healthcare provider can gradually shrink the polyps and improve breathing. Keeping up with saline nasal rinses is great too, as they help flush allergens and irritants out of your nasal passages, contributing to reducing inflammation. Beyond these, a consultation with an ENT specialist would be wise. In some cases, a short course of oral corticosteroids might be started to quickly reduce polyp size. Ensuring you’re managing any underlying conditions, such as allergies or sinus infections with antihistamines or other appropriate medications, is vital too. If polyps persist despite these measures, surgical options like endoscopic sinus surgery could be considered, but that discussion can happen with your specialist once you’ve explored medical management. Remember, prioritizing approaches that safely address the inflammation and possible underlying causes without risking harm is key.

21827 answered questions
91% best answers
Accepted response

0 replies
FREE! Ask a Doctor — 24/7,
100% Anonymously

Get expert answers anytime, completely confidential. No sign-up needed.

About our doctors

Only qualified doctors who have confirmed the availability of medical education and other certificates of medical practice consult on our service. You can check the qualification confirmation in the doctor's profile.


Dog vaccine related issues regarding symptoms
Is surgery mandatory for a reducible inguinal hernia in a 10-year-old with pain and lump?
How to know if I will recover from taking metformin without a prescription for 7 months?
What to do for neck pain that radiates to the right arm and causes dizziness and nausea?
Why won’t my Anal Fissure won’t heal
Does inflammatory gastritis cause intense hunger pangs ?
how to reduce pain in the chest ?
Experiencing Dizziness and Hand Pain with Irregular Periods
What to do for swelling and leg ulcers with chronic heart and kidney medications?
What could be causing left side chest pain in a 25-year-old male runner on mephenatermin sulfate for 7 months?
How to reduce pain in the chest?
What could cause numbness and tingling in my smallest toe after walking barefoot for 14 hours?
What should I do about numbness in my foot and muscle tissue coming out during bowel movements after a spinal cord fracture?
What is the safest anti-aging drug for the body?
What to do if my wife has occasional heavy bleeding from the mouth and high SGPT levels?
What to do if my lipoma has grown rapidly and is now the size of a tennis ball?
What should I do about facial itching and rash on hands after taking Oxyshield for 2 days?
how to remove holes on face
why do i feel something stuck in my throat
can we eat non veg in dengue
prostate gland disease
how much coq10 should i take
Why Am I Feeling Dizzy And Want To Vomit?
what is ayush treatment
Liver enzymes, the spot and sgpt value is 50
When Should I Worry About Weight Loss?
How to stop Hemmoride surgery pain
can we put hot water in copper bottle
does dolo 650 help in headache
testicle doctor specialist