AskDocDoc
/
/
/
What To Drink For Heavy Periods?
FREE!Ask Doctors — 24/7
Connect with Doctors 24/7. Ask anything, get expert help today.
500 doctors ONLINE
#1 Medical Platform
Ask question for free
00H : 49M : 06S
background image
Click Here
background image
Gynecology & Pregnancy Care
Question #31841
13 hours ago
20

What To Drink For Heavy Periods?

Shlok

Heavy menstrual bleeding can be a concerning issue, especially for those who have recently used a medical termination of pregnancy (MTP) kit. Many people wonder about the causes of heavy period bleeding following such procedures and what steps they should take to manage their symptoms effectively. Understanding what to do during heavy menstrual bleeding is crucial, as it can significantly impact daily life. Additionally, individuals often seek guidance on the first-line treatment options available and what drinks might help alleviate the discomfort associated with heavy periods.

FREE
FREE! Ask a Doctor — 24/7,
100% Anonymously
Get expert answers anytime, completely confidential.
No sign-up needed.
CTA image asteriksCTA image

Doctors' responses

Heavy menstrual bleeding after the use of a medical termination of pregnancy (MTP) kit can occur as a result of hormonal changes and the body’s adjustment following the procedure. It is essential to monitor the bleeding, as prolonged heavy menstrual bleeding may indicate complications that require medical attention.

Q: What are the causes of heavy period bleeding?
A: Heavy menstrual bleeding can be caused by various factors, including hormonal imbalances, uterine fibroids, polyps, adenomyosis, and certain medical conditions such as thyroid disorders or clotting disorders. In the context of recent MTP kit use, the hormonal changes and the physical effects of the procedure can also contribute to prolonged heavy menstrual bleeding.

Q: What to do during heavy menstrual bleeding?
A: During heavy menstrual bleeding, it is important to stay hydrated and use appropriate menstrual products to manage the flow. Applying heat to the abdomen may help alleviate discomfort. If the bleeding is excessive, involves passing large clots, or is accompanied by severe pain or dizziness, it is crucial to seek medical attention promptly.

Q: What is the first-line treatment for heavy menstrual bleeding?
A: The first-line treatment for heavy menstrual bleeding often involves hormonal therapies, such as oral contraceptives or progestins, which can help regulate menstrual cycles and reduce bleeding. Nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs) like ibuprofen may also be recommended to manage pain and reduce blood loss.

Q: What to drink for heavy periods?
A: For heavy periods, it is beneficial to drink plenty of fluids, particularly water, to stay hydrated. Some may find that herbal teas, such as ginger or chamomile, can help with discomfort. However, it is essential to avoid excessive caffeine and alcohol, which can exacerbate dehydration and potentially worsen symptoms.

91% best answers

0 replies
FREE! Ask a Doctor — 24/7,
100% Anonymously

Get expert answers anytime, completely confidential. No sign-up needed.

About our doctors

Only qualified doctors who have confirmed the availability of medical education and other certificates of medical practice consult on our service. You can check the qualification confirmation in the doctor's profile.


My periods are delayed by 14 days
Sperm made contact with the vagina
Baby conceiving problem after2 years
What to do if my period is late after having sex and pregnancy tests are negative?
About I'm pregnant or not confirming
What to do if I have a 3 cm ovarian cyst and my period only comes with medication?
Why does my stomach hurt daily after my period started on the 1st instead of the 10th?
I am pregnant or not getting confused
Concern About Delayed Period with PCOD
Should I take Primolut-N for my delayed period?
Sharp Stomach pain with heavy spotting
Options for Safe Pregnancy Termination
Can we stop our period 1-2 day early
What should I do if my vagina is very sensitive and I have heavy white discharge after sex?
What to do if I'm 6 weeks pregnant and experiencing bright red bleeding and passing clots?
How to ensure that i am pregnant
How to identify the exact reason of missing periods
My period is going on for more than 1 months.
Recovery Timeline After Home Abortion with Pills
Period Delay After Taking I-Pill
Is having slight bleeding normal?
How to get rid of vaginal itching
can i opt for uterine fibroid embolization
Is it normalif periods blood flow reduces with time
What causes spotting after vaginal insertion if I'm not experiencing any irritation?
I don’t know if I am pregnant or not
Abortion in 11 weeks -18weeks.....
What is this movable ball-like lump in my left buttock after an ovarian cyst?
What does it mean if my period is late and I have brown discharge and back pain?
My periods isdelayed. How to get periods at time?