AskDocDoc
/
/
/
What Are the Best Low Libido Treatments for Women?
FREE!Ask Doctors — 24/7
Connect with Doctors 24/7. Ask anything, get expert help today.
500 doctors ONLINE
#1 Medical Platform
Ask question for free
00H : 01M : 08S
background image
Click Here
background image
Sexual Health & Wellness
Question #31918
18 hours ago
25

What Are the Best Low Libido Treatments for Women?

Siddharth

Low sexual desire in women, often referred to as low libido, can be a complex issue influenced by various factors such as hormonal changes, psychological stress, and relationship dynamics. Many women seek effective low libido treatment options to help restore their sexual drive and improve their overall quality of life. Understanding the underlying causes is crucial, as it can guide the appropriate therapeutic approaches and lifestyle modifications. What are the most common treatments available, and how can they address the different factors contributing to low sexual desire?

FREE
FREE! Ask a Doctor — 24/7,
100% Anonymously
Get expert answers anytime, completely confidential.
No sign-up needed.
CTA image asteriksCTA image

Doctors' responses

Low sexual desire in women, often referred to as low libido, can be addressed through various treatments depending on underlying causes. Evidence-based approaches include lifestyle modifications, counseling, and, in some cases, medication, with treatment tailored to individual needs and circumstances.

Q: What are common causes of low libido in women? A: Common causes of low libido in women include hormonal imbalances, stress, anxiety, depression, relationship issues, and certain medical conditions such as diabetes or thyroid disorders. Medications, particularly antidepressants and hormonal contraceptives, can also contribute to decreased sexual desire.

Q: What treatments are available for low libido in women? A: Treatments for low libido in women may involve lifestyle changes such as exercise and improved diet, counseling or sex therapy to address psychological factors, and medications like flibanserin or bremelanotide that have been approved for hypoactive sexual desire disorder. Consulting a healthcare provider is essential to determine the most appropriate treatment.

Q: How long does it take to see improvement in low libido after starting treatment? A: The timeline for improvement in low libido after starting treatment can vary widely depending on the individual and the chosen treatment approach. Some women may notice changes within a few weeks, while others may take several months to see significant improvements. Regular follow-up with a healthcare provider is important to monitor progress.

Q: When should I see a doctor about low sexual desire? A: It is advisable to see a doctor about low sexual desire if it persists for an extended period, causes distress, or significantly impacts relationships. Red-flag symptoms that warrant urgent care include sudden changes in sexual desire, painful intercourse, or accompanying symptoms like severe depression or anxiety.

91% best answers

0 replies
FREE! Ask a Doctor — 24/7,
100% Anonymously

Get expert answers anytime, completely confidential. No sign-up needed.

About our doctors

Only qualified doctors who have confirmed the availability of medical education and other certificates of medical practice consult on our service. You can check the qualification confirmation in the doctor's profile.


Missed my periods andI have pcod problem and I do sex on 6 sep
I have Premature ejaculation problem
I have severe pain on the back side of my leg.
low Desire for sex drive and erectile dysfunction
Pain and Bumps Around My Genitals
How to increase penis size and lose belly fat and gas?
Concerns about Shockwave Therapy and P-Shot for Erectile Dysfunction and Premature Ejaculation
What do I need to do to recover from prostate orgasm
No Ejaculation After Urinary Infection and Prostate Concerns
Premature ejaculation and reduced sexual sensation during intercourse
Premature ejaculation for the last 30 years
What is the cause of my downward penile curvature and do I need treatment?
What is the clear sticky fluid that comes out when I think of sexual thoughts or talk to my girlfriend?
What are the chances of getting HIV after a broken condom during anal sex?
Blisters and Pain After Intercourse: What's Going On?
What is causing my excessive sweating and anxiety during social situations?
How to overcome this weekness about body
Sexual issue I have suffering when I go for intimacy
im scared im going to be pregnant
What is considered a normal penis size for a 30-year-old man and how can I safely improve my confidence?
Concerns About Misoprostol Dosage and Effects
Aboutmy Dick and masturbation time
What is Mondor's disease of the penis and how should I treat it at 18 years old?
What to do for a swollen penile hole after peeing for 9 months?
Facing problem with Erectile disfunction and early ejaculation.
How to reduce my sexual feelings?
erectyle dysfunction and prematur ejaculation
Concern about Quick Ejaculation Before Marriage
What should I do if I have blood dripping from my penis and pain after testicle pain?
What to do for a tight foreskin that won't retract during an erection?