AskDocDoc
/
/
/
yellow fever vaccine lucknow
FREE!Ask Doctors — 24/7
Connect with Doctors 24/7. Ask anything, get expert help today.
500 doctors ONLINE
#1 Medical Platform
Ask question for free
00H : 46M : 18S
background image
Click Here
background image
Infectious Illnesses
Question #28049
211 days ago
754

yellow fever vaccine lucknow

Tara

I am really worried about getting the yellow fever vaccine in Lucknow. Just last week, my friend came back from a trip to Africa and he didn’t take the yellow fever vaccine and now he's feeling like really sick. Like he had high fever, chills, and some crazy headaches. I mean, he went to the hospital and the doctor said it could be yellow fever, but they’re still waiting on test results. I don’t want that happening to me! I’m planning to travel there later this year and was just looking into the yellow fever vaccine options, especially around Lucknow. I heard some places have it, but how do I know which clinics are legit? Do I need to make an appointment or just walk in? Also, like, does the vaccine hurt? My friend said it was a quick shot but I'm kinda nervous about needles. And I’ve heard some people say they felt sick after getting the yellow fever vaccine, but I really want to avoid getting the actual disease. What does everyone think? Is the yellow fever vaccine really important to take before traveling? I don’t know, I’m just feeling really confused and a bit scared about it all.

FREE
Question is closed
FREE! Ask a Doctor — 24/7,
100% Anonymously
Get expert answers anytime, completely confidential.
No sign-up needed.
CTA image asteriksCTA image

Doctors' responses

Getting the yellow fever vaccine is definitely a smart move if you’re planning to travel to areas where yellow fever is prevalent, like parts of Africa. It’s a serious disease, and your friend’s symptoms highlight just how rough it can be—so good thinking on prioritizing prevention. In Lucknow, you should ensure that you’re getting vaccinated at an authorized center. You can often find a list of approved vaccination centers through governmental health websites, like the Ministry of Health’s portal, or by checking with recognized hospitals that have travel vaccine clinics. Appointment procedures can vary—some centers might offer walk-in services, but it’s typically better to call ahead and confirm. This way, you’re not caught off guard if they require appointments or have specific timings for vaccinations. As for the needle, yes, it’s just a quick shot. It’s normal to feel a bit anxious about needles, but health professionals are trained to make the process swift and safe. Side effects are generally mild and can include soreness at the injection site or a mild fever, but these are usually short-lived. Most importantly, the benefits of the vaccine significantly outweigh these minor side effects, especially considering the disease’s severity. With proper planning, getting vaccinated can be a straightforward process, and it’s a crucial step for safely enjoying your travels. Remember, the vaccine also comes with an International Certificate of Vaccination or Prophylaxis, which some countries might require for entry, so it’s both a safety measure and a travel necessity.

21816 answered questions
91% best answers
Accepted response

0 replies
FREE! Ask a Doctor — 24/7,
100% Anonymously

Get expert answers anytime, completely confidential. No sign-up needed.

About our doctors

Only qualified doctors who have confirmed the availability of medical education and other certificates of medical practice consult on our service. You can check the qualification confirmation in the doctor's profile.


I have inflammatory etiology, I am getting lymph nodes in my both armpits that are painful some time pus is also draining what to do
My eye has pain to its right side
Why is my ribcages are paining after taking UTI medication?
Is it okay to have tests after taking ibuprofen? I have temperature 39,3
What to do if I can't remember possible rabies exposure after being in the woods?
Immediate Help Needed. Throat is swollen.
Request for Follow-Up on Rabies Vaccination
How to treat stomach pain that comes every 10-15 days while dealing with tuberculosis?
Experiencing Fever, Cold, Cough, Back Pain, and Kidney Stones
How to reduce inflation in the body?
What does a positive Anti-HBc mean for my liver health if all other tests are normal?
What to do if my 16-year-old ingested 12g of paracetamol 80 hours ago and has elevated liver enzymes?
What to do about persistent nasal discharge and fatigue after nasal polyps surgery and aspergillus treatment?
What to do about persistent nasal discharge and fatigue after sinus surgery for aspergillus infection?
Im currently undergoing my rabies vaccination series however Igot scratch from my puppy again and what precaution should I take
Should I take my grandma to the hospital for her leg symptoms?
ফাংগুল কী কোরে কোমবে বিরক্ত লাগছে?
Persistent Lightheadedness After High Fever
What are the possible complications of advanced tuberculosis in a 17-year-old with severe symptoms and family history of TB?
What to do for pinworm infection with itching at night, weight loss, and stomach pain?
Is it possible for appendicitis symptoms to improve with medication alone, and what should I watch for?
Is it safe to take rabies shots for a small cat scratch on my finger?
how typhoid spreads
is there a vaccine for hepatitis c
Which fruit is best for dengue?
best fruits for dengue patient
Can viral fever last for 5 days?
diet during dengue
what causes hepatitis c
yellow fever vaccination in chennai