AskDocDoc
/
/
/
What tests should I get for persistent erectile dysfunction at 30 with normal libido?
FREE!Ask Doctors — 24/7
Connect with Doctors 24/7. Ask anything, get expert help today.
500 doctors ONLINE
#1 Medical Platform
Ask question for free
00H : 21M : 11S
background image
Click Here
background image
Sexual Health & Wellness
Question #30963
97 days ago
287

What tests should I get for persistent erectile dysfunction at 30 with normal libido?

Client_929d7b

Reason for consultation: Persistent erectile dysfunction. I am a 30-year-old male seeking evaluation for ongoing erectile dysfunction. My sex drive (libido) is normal, but I have difficulty maintaining an erection. Most of the time, I am able to achieve a full, hard erection, but it loses firmness within about one minute, even when sexual stimulation continues. On some occasions, I am unable to achieve a fully hard erection at all. I have also noticed that I no longer experience regular morning erections as I used to. I walk for more than 40 minutes almost every evening and try to maintain an active lifestyle. Despite this, my symptoms have persisted and have not improved. I would like to be evaluated for possible vascular, hormonal, neurological, or other physical causes of erectile dysfunction. I would also appreciate advice on any appropriate investigations, such as blood pressure measurement, blood glucose (or HbA1c), cholesterol testing, hormone tests (including morning testosterone if indicated), or any other tests you consider necessary. Thank you for your assessment and recommendations.

How long have you been experiencing erectile dysfunction?:

- More than 1 year

How would you rate the severity of your erectile dysfunction?:

- Almost always unable to maintain an erection

Have you noticed any changes in your overall health recently?:

- No changes

Do you have any other symptoms besides erectile dysfunction?:

- No other symptoms

What is your current lifestyle like in terms of diet and exercise?:

- Balanced diet and regular exercise

Have you taken any medications or supplements recently?:

- Herbal or dietary supplements

Is there a family history of erectile dysfunction or other health conditions?:

- No family history
FREE
Question is closed
FREE! Ask a Doctor — 24/7,
100% Anonymously
Get expert answers anytime, completely confidential.
No sign-up needed.
CTA image asteriksCTA image

Doctors' responses

Need to know about your daily lifestyle. You can also opt for personal consultation.

2117 answered questions
59% best answers
Accepted response

0 replies

Hello dear Please be aware See following medications can be taken in case if preventive therapy is not successful

Sildenafil empty stomach to be taken Tadalafil Accordingly if recommended by gynacolologist Vardenafil Levitra or Staxyn in case if allergic to Sildenafil Avanafil accordingly if recommended In addition please take the following precautions Avoid heavy meals and alcohol Take ashwagandha or triphala once a day for 2 months Do meditation Do physical exercises atleast for half an hour Especially kegel exercises Take shilajeet for 1 month once a day In case of no improvement in 1 month, kindly consult gynaecologist for further clarification Hopefully you recover soon Regards

3585 answered questions
70% best answers
Accepted response

0 replies

To evaluate persistent erectile dysfunction at your age, with noted changes in erection quality and morning erections, we’d start by looking into possible underlying causes. First, hormone levels should be assessed, as they significantly influence erectile function. Tests like serum testosterone, both total and free, can provide insight into any hormonal imbalances. If testosterone is low, additional tests like luteinizing hormone (LH), follicle-stimulating hormone (FSH), and prolactin might give further clarity.

You also mentioned vascular causes; measuring your blood pressure is an essential step since hypertension can affect blood flow and contribute to ED. Alongside that, lipid profile tests, looking at your cholesterol levels, would be prudent to assess cardiovascular risks that might interfere with blood supply to the penis. Checking fasting blood glucose or HbA1c can rule out diabetes or pre-diabetes, which are known contributors to nerve and vessel damage associated with ED.

Given the neurological angle, which is less common but still pertinent, a physical examination and perhaps nerve conduction studies could be considered if the initial workup is suggestive or if you have symptoms like numbness. Lifestyle factors seem relatively well managed on your part with regular walking and physical activity, which is excellent as inactivity itself can worsen ED.

Lastly, it’s wise to assess psychological factors even though your libido remains high since stress and anxiety can play a significant role and cycle into physical symptoms. Consulting a sex therapist may complement the biological investigations. Once test results are back, they can guide further treatment, whether it involves medication like PDE5 inhibitors, lifestyle changes, or therapeutic interventions if needed.

21816 answered questions
91% best answers
Accepted response

0 replies
FREE! Ask a Doctor — 24/7,
100% Anonymously

Get expert answers anytime, completely confidential. No sign-up needed.

About our doctors

Only qualified doctors who have confirmed the availability of medical education and other certificates of medical practice consult on our service. You can check the qualification confirmation in the doctor's profile.


Loss of Sexual Desire After Injection
Concern About HSV Transmission Between Partners
Am I at risk of pregnancy if I took my birth control pill late?
Should I get tested for more infections after finding molluscum contagiosum?
Erectile Dysfunction After Taking Herbal Medicine
Does daily ejaculation cause vitamin deficiencies and how to get better sleep after marriage?
Decrease in Sex timing, desire and pennis size
How to increase penis size and lose belly fat and gas?
Is there a safe and medically correct way to increase penis size?
Is there a risk of pregnancy after using a previously used condom?
Weaknes caused by extreme masturbation
What do I need to do to recover from prostate orgasm
What is the normal penis size for a 19-year-old in South Asia, and can a 49-degree curve affect my sex life?
How to improve penis size and stamina for better sexual performance?
How to reduce pre-ejaculate fluid during sexual thoughts or light conversations?
What is causing the itching and white patches on my foreskin and how to treat it?
Premature ejaculation for the last 30 years
Premature ejaculation and erectile dysfunction
Premature ejaculation and reduced sexual sensation during intercourse
Clarification on HSV-1 and HSV-2 Test Results
What is the white thread-like structure after sex and why does my partner have lower tummy pain?
Can we have sex during periods???
Sexual issue I have suffering when I go for intimacy
How to improve sexual timing and get rid of premature ejaculation
What is causing burning and discharge from my penis at 18 years old with no sexual contact?
What are the bumps on my penis and why is there white discharge at 15?
I had sexual intercourse without realizing it
How to reduce my sexual feelings?
Is it normal to have cuts and peeling on the foreskin at 16, and how can I treat them?
What are the white bumps on my penis and is it normal for nothing to come out when I masturbate?