AskDocDoc
/
/
/
What Causes Missed Period and Abdominal Pain? Find Answers Here
FREE!Ask Doctors — 24/7
Connect with Doctors 24/7. Ask anything, get expert help today.
500 doctors ONLINE
#1 Medical Platform
Ask question for free
00H : 03M : 40S
background image
Click Here
background image
Gynecology & Pregnancy Care
Question #31886
10 hours ago
19

What Causes Missed Period and Abdominal Pain? Find Answers Here

Advika

Menstrual irregularities can be a common concern for many individuals, often leading to symptoms such as a missed period and abdominal pain. These changes in the menstrual cycle can occur for a variety of reasons, including hormonal imbalances, stress, or underlying health conditions. Understanding the relationship between a missed period and abdominal pain is crucial for identifying potential issues and seeking appropriate care. If you are experiencing these symptoms, it’s important to consider what might be causing them and when it may be necessary to consult a healthcare professional.

FREE
FREE! Ask a Doctor — 24/7,
100% Anonymously
Get expert answers anytime, completely confidential.
No sign-up needed.
CTA image asteriksCTA image

Doctors' responses

Missed periods and abdominal pain can indicate various underlying conditions, including hormonal imbalances, pregnancy, or other medical issues. It is essential to consult a healthcare provider for an accurate diagnosis and appropriate management.

Q: What causes missed periods and abdominal pain? A: Missed periods and abdominal pain can be caused by several factors, including pregnancy, stress, hormonal imbalances, polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS), or thyroid disorders. Conditions like endometriosis or pelvic inflammatory disease may also lead to these symptoms, highlighting the importance of a thorough evaluation by a healthcare professional.

Q: When should I see a doctor for missed periods and abdominal pain? A: You should seek medical attention if you experience severe abdominal pain, missed periods for more than three cycles, or any unusual symptoms such as heavy bleeding, fever, or dizziness. These could indicate a more serious condition that requires immediate evaluation.

Q: Can stress cause missed periods and abdominal pain? A: Yes, stress can lead to hormonal changes that may result in missed periods and abdominal pain. High levels of stress can disrupt the normal functioning of the hypothalamus, which regulates the menstrual cycle, potentially leading to irregularities.

Q: How are missed periods and abdominal pain diagnosed? A: Diagnosis typically involves a thorough medical history, physical examination, and possibly tests such as blood tests, ultrasounds, or pelvic exams. A healthcare provider will assess symptoms, rule out pregnancy, and evaluate for any underlying health issues.

91% best answers

0 replies
FREE! Ask a Doctor — 24/7,
100% Anonymously

Get expert answers anytime, completely confidential. No sign-up needed.

About our doctors

Only qualified doctors who have confirmed the availability of medical education and other certificates of medical practice consult on our service. You can check the qualification confirmation in the doctor's profile.


My periods are delayed by 14 days
How to get rid of irregular periods
I want to know that I'm pregnant or not
What to do if my period has lasted 35 days with blood clots and I feel faint?
How to cure side effects of morning pill.
What to do if I've missed my period for over 2 months but I'm not pregnant?
What are the natural ways to regulate my periods and manage PCOS symptoms at 17 years old?
9 Days Late on My Period After Taking I-Pill
What to do if my period is late after using a condom for the first time?
Options for Safe Pregnancy Termination
What causes irregular periods and light flow with slight stomach pain in a 21-year-old student?
What are the reasons for missing my period for a month after a negative pregnancy test?
What are the signs of PCOS in a 17-year-old with missed periods and facial hair growth?
Lightheadedness and Spotting After C-Section and Birth Control Injection
What should I do if I have severe headaches, dizziness, and shortness of breath while on Sprintec?
How to treat itching and thick white discharge in a 19-year-old, could it be a yeast infection?
What to do for severe menstrual pain with nausea and dizziness?
Infertilite tedavi surecinde vajinal mantar
What could cause a missed period after April 27, and what tests or treatments should I consider?
Periods are not coming more than 2 days
How to become a good and healthy body for pregnancy
Is am pregnant ? Please help me
Why Did I miss my periods am pregent or not
Pergancy happen through clothes
How to reduce the chances of getting pregnant
I'm suffering from vaginal itching and white discharge
Medical abortion with pills and cure
Issue related to periods delayed
How to cure Pcod and leucorrhoea
I am an 18-year-old girl with no breast development yet and I am getting married. Please advise safe treatment and whether development is possible.