AskDocDoc
/
/
/
Can I get pregnant if I had sex on the 2nd day of my period and took a 72-hour pill?
FREE!Ask Doctors — 24/7
Connect with Doctors 24/7. Ask anything, get expert help today.
500 doctors ONLINE
#1 Medical Platform
Ask question for free
00H : 25M : 39S
background image
Click Here
background image
Gynecology & Pregnancy Care
Question #30524
119 days ago
385

Can I get pregnant if I had sex on the 2nd day of my period and took a 72-hour pill?

Client_0f2a1b

Hi I sex on the 2nd day ofperiodsit was kinda brief after thatperiods were also normal andI also tokk wanted 72 pill are there anychancesof pregnancy

How regular are your menstrual cycles?:

- Somewhat regular (25-35 days)

When did you take the emergency contraceptive pill?:

- 48-72 hours after intercourse

Have you experienced any side effects from the pill?:

- Nausea or vomiting

When is your expected next period?:

- I’m not sure

Have you had unprotected sex at any other time this cycle?:

- No, this was the only time

Do you have any other symptoms that concern you?:

- No symptoms
FREE
Question is closed
FREE! Ask a Doctor — 24/7,
100% Anonymously
Get expert answers anytime, completely confidential.
No sign-up needed.
CTA image asteriksCTA image

Doctors' responses

Hello dear See for pregnancy following sequence is required Penetration of penis into vagina Ejaculation Since in your case Ocd medication was taken within 72 hrs so it will prevent ovulation So chances of pregnancy are less but not zero. So i suggest you to please get following tests done for confirmation and share result with gynaecologist fir better clarity Pelvic USG Pregnancy strip test blood HCG test Urine analysis Serum ferritin Serum prolactin Rft Lft Regards

3585 answered questions
70% best answers
Accepted response

0 replies

The chance of becoming pregnant from sex on the second day of your menstrual period is generally low. During menstruation, the uterine lining is shedding, and typically ovulation hasn’t occur yet. However, sperm can live inside the body for up to five days under ideal conditions, which means that there’s still a possibility, although slim. You also mentioned that you took an emergency contraceptive pill within 72 hours. These pills are designed to be effective in preventing ovulation, or potentially interfering with fertilization and attachment of a fertilized egg. The sooner they’re taken after unprotected intercourse, the more effective they tend to be. Given that you took the pill and the timing during your cycle, the likelihood of becoming pregnant is minimal. Emergency contraception does cause some disruption to your menstrual cycle, so you may experience some irregular bleeding or changes in your next period. Considering these factors together, it seems that the probability of pregnancy is quite low. If you’re ever uncertain or concerned, a home pregnancy test can be used a week or two after the expected period, but not before. If your period is late or you have any worrying symptoms, consult with a healthcare provider for further guidance. They can provide more personalized advice and confirm whether everything is on track.

21727 answered questions
91% best answers
Accepted response

0 replies
FREE! Ask a Doctor — 24/7,
100% Anonymously

Get expert answers anytime, completely confidential. No sign-up needed.

About our doctors

Only qualified doctors who have confirmed the availability of medical education and other certificates of medical practice consult on our service. You can check the qualification confirmation in the doctor's profile.


My periods are delayed by 14 days
Baby conceiving problem after2 years
About I'm pregnant or not confirming
What are the natural ways to regulate my periods and manage PCOS symptoms at 17 years old?
Is it normal to have minor bleeding after taking an I pill during my period?
What to do if my period is unusual and I had unprotected sex, could I be pregnant?
What causes irregular periods and light flow with slight stomach pain in a 21-year-old student?
What is causing thick curd-like discharge and itching before my period?
What should I do if I have severe headaches, dizziness, and shortness of breath while on Sprintec?
Worried About Taking the Wrong Medication During Pregnancy
What should I do if my vagina is very sensitive and I have heavy white discharge after sex?
Irregular periods , unwanted white discharge with bad smell and itching in private part
What to do if I'm 6 weeks pregnant and experiencing bright red bleeding and passing clots?
Clotrimazole 250 mg vaginal suppositories are recommended?
3 months I didn't get periods. But then, I got that now. But for one month it is continuously bleeding. Not stopping!what should I do .
Late ovulation with improtected intercourse need advice
What should I do if my abortion medication didn't work?
Pergancy happen through clothes
What to do for heavy periods causing anemia and weakness during menstruation?
Menstrual Irregularity and Absence of Periods
3 saal ho gye marriage ko usme humne sex kiya to 5 se 7 bar unwanted72 tablet use kri thi pahle ab kal sex kiya to light bleeding ho rhi h usme
What to do for irregular periods after family planning surgery with normal deliveries?
I want to know my babys gender through my scans plz help
Is it normalif periods blood flow reduces with time
Can we stop periods 1-2 day early
Concern About Irregular Periods
Is it safe to use boric acid for yeast infections while breastfeeding?
What to do if sex is painful and I can't complete it after two years of marriage?
Abortion in 11 weeks -18weeks.....
My periods isdelayed. How to get periods at time?