AskDocDoc
/
/
/
What could be causing my severe head, neck, and back pain after having a cold with high fever?
FREE!Ask Doctors — 24/7
Connect with Doctors 24/7. Ask anything, get expert help today.
500 doctors ONLINE
#1 Medical Platform
Ask question for free
00H : 14M : 58S
background image
Click Here
background image
General Health
Question #30670
116 days ago
358

What could be causing my severe head, neck, and back pain after having a cold with high fever?

Client_3bc212

First my head hurts, my neck is stiff, and my eye hurts when i look up and down, and my eye temple hurts when i touch it, and i feel pain every time i try to strech but its beyond limits even when i sit i feel pain under my leg in a lack of flexibility way, and when i stand up and look down i feel pain in a lack of flexibility way in my back, even when i sneeze my hip hurts in that way. And i feel weak. I had a cold with high temperature 7 days ago

How long have you been experiencing these symptoms?:

- Less than 1 week

How would you rate the severity of your pain?:

- Moderate — affects daily activities

Have you noticed any specific activities that worsen your pain?:

- Bending or stretching

Do you have any other symptoms besides pain?:

- Fatigue or weakness

Have you tried any treatments for your symptoms?:

- No, this is the first time seeking help

How is your sleep quality during this time?:

- Good — no issues

Do you have any history of neck or back problems?:

- Not sure
FREE
Question is closed
FREE! Ask a Doctor — 24/7,
100% Anonymously
Get expert answers anytime, completely confidential.
No sign-up needed.
CTA image asteriksCTA image

Doctors' responses

It seems like you are experiencing a complex of symptoms following a recent bout with a cold and high fever, which could be quite concerning. The severe headache, neck stiffness, and pain with eye movement raise red flags for conditions such as meningitis, which requires urgent medical evaluation. While stiffness and pain related to muscle tension can occur after a viral illness, the classic triad you describe—headache, neck stiffness, and photophobia or pain with eye movement—warrants immediate attention to rule out this possibility. Furthermore, the generalized body pain and weakness, especially with movements and sneezing, might be attributed to post-viral myalgia, where the muscles are sore and movements are painful due to the residual effects of the viral infection. However, considering the timing and combination of symptoms, it’s crucial to determine whether there are any signs of neurological involvement or systemic inflammation. You really should go to the emergency department or contact your healthcare provider as soon as possible for a comprehensive examination. They’ll likely recommend a lumbar puncture or imaging studies if meningitis or another serious condition is suspected. Please avoid strenuous activities or attempts at stretching until you’ve been evaluated, as overstretching could worsen any underlying issues. In the meantime, keep hydrated and rest, but prioritize seeking medical attention urgently.

21794 answered questions
91% best answers
Accepted response

0 replies
FREE! Ask a Doctor — 24/7,
100% Anonymously

Get expert answers anytime, completely confidential. No sign-up needed.

About our doctors

Only qualified doctors who have confirmed the availability of medical education and other certificates of medical practice consult on our service. You can check the qualification confirmation in the doctor's profile.


Dog vaccine related issues regarding symptoms
Is it necessary to get a rabies vaccination after a minor dog scratch?
What should I do after accidentally taking 7 Enzoflam pills in an hour without any symptoms?
I think I have an a issue with my anus andIdont know what to do
What to do if my vaccinated cat scratched me and I washed it multiple times with no signs of infection?
I need help thank you very much
I don’t know what’s happening to my body
Is Turkestorone Safe for an 18-Year-Old?
How can I know if I will recover from taking metformin without a prescription for 7 months?
Post menopausal spotting after 12 months of last period.
What should I do if I'm feeling nausea, chest sensations, heavy breathing, and dizziness after eating?
What tests should I undergo for anemia-like symptoms, fatigue, and muscle twitches at 18 years old?
What could be causing my wife's fatigue and high ESR after changing jobs and having gallbladder removal?
Como dejar de ahogarme seguidamente creo que es con mi saliva
What could cause my wife's fatigue and back pain with high ESR and low platelet count?
What is the best way to improve energy levels, gain weight, and treat hair fall and allergies in a 21-year-old?
What is the safest anti-aging medication I can take?
is diabetes genetic
bhumi amla how to use
how to control body heat
I want to know about my health reportwith symptoms
why do i keep losing weight for no reason?
Liver enzymes, the spot and sgpt value is 50
Is Naproxen Safe for Elderly Patients with Back Pain?
ors water benefits
if body gets heat what are the symptoms
how to cool the body
yoga therapy online training
how to remove cotton from wound
How To Fight Obesity At Home?