AskDocDoc
/
/
/
How can I know if I will recover from taking metformin without a prescription for 7 months?
FREE!Ask Doctors — 24/7
Connect with Doctors 24/7. Ask anything, get expert help today.
500 doctors ONLINE
#1 Medical Platform
Ask question for free
00H : 13M : 59S
background image
Click Here
background image
General Health
Question #29772
156 days ago
353

How can I know if I will recover from taking metformin without a prescription for 7 months?

Client_300f3e

Dear God🙏. I took metformin without prescription 40 tablets over 7 months. My all tests all normal. I am 28 age. I heard about its anti ageing benefits and I also felt some mild glucose problem with me. My question is that how can I know if I'll recover fully if metformin trials are small on people without confirmed disease and we don't have enough large real world data ?🙏

What specific symptoms or issues led you to take metformin?:

- Mild glucose problems

Have you experienced any side effects while taking metformin?:

- Fatigue or weakness

What do your recent blood tests indicate about your glucose levels?:

- Normal glucose levels

Have you discussed your metformin use with a healthcare professional?:

- Yes, but only once

How would you describe your overall health before starting metformin?:

- Very healthy

Are you currently taking any other medications or supplements?:

- Yes, dietary supplements

What is your diet like since you started taking metformin?:

- Balanced and healthy
FREE
Question is closed
FREE! Ask a Doctor — 24/7,
100% Anonymously
Get expert answers anytime, completely confidential.
No sign-up needed.
CTA image asteriksCTA image

Doctors' responses

Hello

You’re very unlikely to have caused any lasting harm from what you describe. Taking around 40 tablets over 7 months is a low and intermittent exposure, and Metformin has a strong safety record—even when used long term in people with diabetes. Since your tests are normal, that’s already very reassuring.

There isn’t really a concept of “needing to recover” from metformin in this situation. Once you stop it, the drug clears from your body within a day or two, and its effects don’t linger in a harmful way. The main things we watch with longer or regular use are vitamin B12 levels and, rarely, digestive side effects or fatigue.

Your fatigue could be unrelated, but to be thorough you can check:

* Vitamin B12 * HbA1c (average sugar) * Kidney function (if not already done)

If these are normal, you can be confident there’s no damage. Going forward, it’s better not to use metformin for “anti-aging” without medical advice—evidence for that in healthy people is still limited and not strong enough to justify routine use.

Take care

1986 answered questions
57% best answers
Accepted response

0 replies

Hello dear See metformin is known to Lower sugar Improve insulin resistance It is quite safer in type 2 diabetics and is usually given in combination with suphonyl ureas However it has irritating impact on Cardiac Renal health Gastric issues Vitamin b12 In addition Commonest side-effect is lactic acidosis However as per clinical history The exposure is intermediate and may not cause serious effects But still i suggest you to please consult concerned physician or diabetologist for safety Accordingly get routine tests and inhibit the medication Regards

3585 answered questions
70% best answers
Accepted response

0 replies

Taking metformin without a prescription over an extended period, especially when you don’t have a diagnosed condition that warrants its use, can be concerning. The good news is that as a 28-year-old with normal test results, serious long-term adverse effects are less likely, but it’s vital to proceed with caution. Metformin is generally well-tolerated, but potential side effects include gastrointestinal issues, vitamin B12 deficiency, and in rare cases, lactic acidosis. Given your context, first, discuss this situation with a healthcare provider, ideally within primary care. They can assess any immediate concerns or subtle side effects that might not be apparent in standard test results. Be upfront about your metformin use and seek guidance on potential health monitoring needed moving forward. Checking vitamin B12 levels could be beneficial over time, as B12 deficiency can develop with metformin use. Monitor any symptoms that might arise, such as fatigue, numbness, or imbalance, which could indicate a deficiency. Always use supplements or medications based on clear medical indications rather than potential benefits touted without strong evidence. Future evaluation should be based on symptoms appearing, changes in lab results, or any new health developments. Safely managing your health includes not only recovering from potential impacts of medications but also maintaining a proactive approach for your overall well-being.

21794 answered questions
91% best answers
Accepted response

0 replies
FREE! Ask a Doctor — 24/7,
100% Anonymously

Get expert answers anytime, completely confidential. No sign-up needed.

About our doctors

Only qualified doctors who have confirmed the availability of medical education and other certificates of medical practice consult on our service. You can check the qualification confirmation in the doctor's profile.


Dog vaccine related issues regarding symptoms
Is it necessary to get a rabies vaccination after a minor dog scratch?
How to know if I will recover from taking metformin without a prescription for 7 months?
What should I do after accidentally taking 7 Enzoflam pills in an hour without any symptoms?
I think I have an a issue with my anus andIdont know what to do
What to do if my vaccinated cat scratched me and I washed it multiple times with no signs of infection?
I need help thank you very much
I don’t know what’s happening to my body
Is Turkestorone Safe for an 18-Year-Old?
Post menopausal spotting after 12 months of last period.
What should I do if I'm feeling nausea, chest sensations, heavy breathing, and dizziness after eating?
What tests should I undergo for anemia-like symptoms, fatigue, and muscle twitches at 18 years old?
What could be causing my wife's fatigue and high ESR after changing jobs and having gallbladder removal?
What supplements should I take for severe vitamin D and B12 deficiencies and low HDL levels?
What to do for severe Vitamin D deficiency with muscle pain and anxiety symptoms?
Como dejar de ahogarme seguidamente creo que es con mi saliva
What could cause my wife's fatigue and back pain with high ESR and low platelet count?
What is the best way to improve energy levels, gain weight, and treat hair fall and allergies in a 21-year-old?
is diabetes genetic
bhumi amla how to use
how to control body heat
I want to know about my health reportwith symptoms
why do i keep losing weight for no reason?
What could be causing my severe head, neck, and back pain after having a cold with high fever?
Liver enzymes, the spot and sgpt value is 50
Is Naproxen Safe for Elderly Patients with Back Pain?
ors water benefits
if body gets heat what are the symptoms
how to cool the body
yoga therapy online training