AskDocDoc
/
/
/
does masturbation cause back pain
FREE!Ask Doctors — 24/7
Connect with Doctors 24/7. Ask anything, get expert help today.
500 doctors ONLINE
#1 Medical Platform
Ask question for free
00H : 55M : 50S
background image
Click Here
background image
Sexual Health & Wellness
Question #22868
253 days ago
505

does masturbation cause back pain

Nisha

I am really confused and a bit worried about this thing that's been happening. Like, I’m a 29-year-old guy, and I've been experiencing some lower back pain lately. It kinda started a few weeks ago and at first, I thought it might be from sitting too much or my exercise routine, but then I started to wonder, does masturbation cause back pain? I mean, I didn’t think it was a big deal, but my friends kept joking about how they heard that it could lead to all sorts of issues. I tend to be a bit more active in, well, personal time, ya know? Lately, I've noticed the back pain feels worse after I, you know, spend some time ‘relieving stress’ if you catch my drift. I did a quick Google search and found some mixed things, some say yes and others are like “are you kidding?” I don't even know! Also, I don’t have any major issues or injuries that I’m aware of. Should I maybe cut back on, um, those sessions to see if the pain goes away? Or is it just a coincidence and I should focus on stretching or something? Trying to figure this out, very curious if anyone else has experienced this. Does masturbation cause back pain, or am I losing my mind here? Any suggestions would be super helpful.

FREE
Question is closed
FREE! Ask a Doctor — 24/7,
100% Anonymously
Get expert answers anytime, completely confidential.
No sign-up needed.
CTA image asteriksCTA image

Doctors' responses

Masturbation, in itself, is not known to cause back pain directly, but the activities and posture around it might influence comfort levels. What might be happening is related more to how you position yourself during the act or the frequency, which could contribute to muscle strain or fatigue, especially if your posture isn’t optimal. Sitting awkwardly or staying in a curled position for a prolonged time can potentially stress back muscles, leading to discomfort. It sounds like you are considering whether to reduce the frequency—this might not be necessary unless you notice a direct correlation or if it becomes uncomfortable. Rather, it might be helpful to assess your posture and to ensure you’re taking breaks during extended periods of sitting or sedentary activities. Focusing on back-strengthening exercises may also alleviate some discomfort. Including core strength-building workouts and flexibility exercises like stretching or yoga into your routine may offer some relief over time. Additionally, consider performing activities like walking or light stretching after long periods of sitting or post-activity to relax the muscles. Of course, if the pain persists, becomes severe or is accompanied by other worrying symptoms like numbness, tingling, or weakness, it’s wise seek professional medical assessment. Such signs can suggest nerve involvement or a more serious underlying condition that might require attention. Your lifestyle, exercise regime, and even sleeping posture can all play a role in back health. It might be worthwhile evaluating these factors closely to determine the root of discomfort. If lifestyle modifications don’t help, follow up with a healthcare provider who can provide a more directed evaluation and potentially an imaging study if needed.

21816 answered questions
91% best answers
Accepted response

0 replies
FREE! Ask a Doctor — 24/7,
100% Anonymously

Get expert answers anytime, completely confidential. No sign-up needed.

About our doctors

Only qualified doctors who have confirmed the availability of medical education and other certificates of medical practice consult on our service. You can check the qualification confirmation in the doctor's profile.


Loss of Sexual Desire After Injection
Concern About HSV Transmission Between Partners
Am I at risk of pregnancy if I took my birth control pill late?
Should I get tested for more infections after finding molluscum contagiosum?
Erectile Dysfunction After Taking Herbal Medicine
Does daily ejaculation cause vitamin deficiencies and how to get better sleep after marriage?
Decrease in Sex timing, desire and pennis size
How to increase penis size and lose belly fat and gas?
Is there a safe and medically correct way to increase penis size?
Is there a risk of pregnancy after using a previously used condom?
Weaknes caused by extreme masturbation
What do I need to do to recover from prostate orgasm
What is the normal penis size for a 19-year-old in South Asia, and can a 49-degree curve affect my sex life?
How to reduce pre-ejaculate fluid during sexual thoughts or light conversations?
What is causing the itching and white patches on my foreskin and how to treat it?
Premature ejaculation for the last 30 years
Premature ejaculation and erectile dysfunction
Premature ejaculation and reduced sexual sensation during intercourse
Clarification on HSV-1 and HSV-2 Test Results
What is the white thread-like structure after sex and why does my partner have lower tummy pain?
Can we have sex during periods???
Sexual issue I have suffering when I go for intimacy
How to improve sexual timing and get rid of premature ejaculation
What is causing burning and discharge from my penis at 18 years old with no sexual contact?
What are the bumps on my penis and why is there white discharge at 15?
I had sexual intercourse without realizing it
How to cure phimosis as an 18 year old
What tests should I get for persistent erectile dysfunction at 30 with normal libido?
How to reduce my sexual feelings?
Is it normal to have cuts and peeling on the foreskin at 16, and how can I treat them?